Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #11
vegeevore

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbboiler01 View Post
He also tweeted this back in October 2008. "I think it's cool to have tunes that are only live. Maybe we could make an album called live not live. Not today though. I'm busy." I know it's a stretch, but it gives hope to the idea that he would consider doing what the OP is suggesting.
good find. i forgot about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan4ever View Post
None of this was convincing.
it's not convincing, but it does start to add up to start make sense if u look at it this way. do u really think that at this point in the existence of DMB, they are going to put out a full album of new songs after only 5 weeks of studio work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallfire8 View Post
I thought that Blackjack originated in studio sessions from 2007...not 100% sure on that but I remember reading it somewhere.

EDIT: http://www.antsmarching.org/tour/Vie...hp?ShowID=4094 It was this studio sessions.
Yeah, that's right. Good find. That means they haven't written a song and toured with it in quite a while (minus Sweet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele69 View Post
Anyone else remember DMB not touring last summer? News songs could have easily been written then.
The problem with this statement is that like I said, based on recent past, DMB writes songs collectively in a studio, and when that happens, people have known about it in almost every instance. When is the last time that they went into studio and we didn't know about it instantly?
vegeevore is offline   Reply With Quote