Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #7
vegeevore

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfietek View Post
I think all of your facts are for the most part are correct. However, I think there has been work done on this album at some level before they got together in January which makes me think this will be almost all new music with the chance of a few road tested songs added. There was just way too much downtime last year for a group of creative people that have spent the last 20 years on the road to just sit around and not do something. We know from SL's tweets that he has been writting music from the time the last caravan ended. Wouldn't surprise me if Dave hasn't been writting music also. Of course just my opinion and based of zero facts.
It seems to me that based on the recent past, they primarily write songs in a studio setting together as a band, and when this happens, ants are well aware of it. Yes, Blackjack showed up randomly as a new song without a studio session being involved, but it's not too difficult to work on one new song across a tour.
vegeevore is offline   Reply With Quote