Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Lying In The Hands Of God is absolutely beautiful...
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 05:30 AM   #62
jayman414
GO PACK GO

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Lying In The Hands Of God is absolutely beautiful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymas9 View Post
This ranks just behind squirm for me. Squirm has this darker element to it, that I really didn't think they could do again. I think that is why I like it best, and I think it is the most structurally sound and interesting tune on the album. But LITHOG really impresses me. A song of quality, like I said, I wasn't sure was possible anymore.

Squirm is a song that doesn't really get the love I anticipated it would when I first heard the April Sessions. I played that song to death and was still in love with it, and still am. It is also a song that hasn't developed live like I thought it would either. I always envisioned a LIOG type jam after Dave says "Above all things, if kindness is your king, then heaven will be your's before you meet your end." I think you hit on an important part of this song, it really does capture a darker side of DMB that after tLWS Captain-and most of the album-that I didn't think the band or Dave was going to go back too. Too High is another song in that list of darker songs that I never really thought would come back full swing. Squirm is still probably my favorite off the album along with LITHOG.