Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dave & Tim in Mexico, February 2017
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #122
mhetrick14

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave & Tim in Mexico, February 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by walthers View Post
This is spendy, I went to both of the MMJ concerts at the same resort and it was not nearly this much, plus they had a couple others bands play each day as well.

As for the picture of the Phish one, not accurate at all. The Phish shows were billed as Riveria Maya but they played at a different location than the hard rock. The hard rock shows are played on the cement between the two sets of buildings and you have the ocean as a back drop. I believe the MMJ shows had about 2500 people and we had plenty of room and great views nightly, it was very easy.

Just my two cents but don't let the Phish pics scare you off, this is not the same thing.
This is wrong. One Big Holiday is ran by Cloud 9- this is put on by CID.

I went to Phish in January (and am going back January 2017). That event- and this one- are directly on the beach of the Barcelo Maya Resort. No official attendance numbers came out, but it was thought there was about 5,000 people there. I'm not sure I would call it "intimate" per se, but it was definitely amazing.

I'm not really a DMB fan anymore (haven't posted here in years), but I can't imagine spending this considerable coin on just D&T. I'd imagine the full band will be back there in February 2018 if this goes well.

I'll gladly answer any questions you guys have about it though.