Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - What (besides politics) irritates you?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #308
defcon
:rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post
Relating to the checks thing, I hate places that still don't accept debit/credit! There is one in town I can think of; a super popular Cuban restaurant that's so good, and they let you byob and it's always packed, but it's cash or check only. Get with the times!

I have no problem with sharing the road and bicyclers, but many of them seem to be such an elitist group, acting like they're more entitled to shit. Not from seeing them in the road but whenever I read some opinion article or letter to the editor, they act like they're better than drivers. Vegetarians sometimes do this too.

edit: add vegetarians to my list
Exactly. There's a group here that is claiming a right under the state constitution to have bike lanes on every road. Don't you think that's going too far? And what ever happened to the sidewalk? Most casual bike riders stick to the sidewalks...no problem with those types.

Alot of times with not accepting debit/credit cards businesses have decided that it would be more detrimental to them to take them than it would be to not take them. They have to pay exorbitant fees to processors/clearinghouses and other vendors to accept credit and debit cards, which cuts into their profits. I know when I was doing well in the flea market business before I sold out it was like $199/month or .65/transaction. I could see how this could add up. I find that the most reasonably priced places don't take cards, and that's why. The credit card companies and banks are evil, but we already knew that.