Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Is Big Whiskey getting worse to anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #96
Bpd1057
come and relax now

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Is Big Whiskey getting worse to anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp719 View Post
I think it is a real solid album, but having listened to it pretty consistently since its release I've started noticing myself switch back to the older stuff more. I think its not necessarily because Big Whiskey is any worse, I just enjoy listening to DMB for the feel-good aspect a lot (not all the time, but some times just call for a good OSW or LIOG). During one of the BW interviews Dave mentions when they play music its a celebration and I absolutely agree with that, so the fact that most of Big Whiskey is harder and darker than most of their other stuff causes me to play other songs more.

Maybe I'm way off, but thats just how I'm feeling lately. It seems like the other tunes (Big 3 + LW/BS) just have a real effortless flow to them, like all the instruments are "celebrating" while Big Whiskey has a much harder edge. Again, not saying Big Whiskeys bad, I love it, but lately I've played it less and less. Maybe its just summer time.
it is a rather dark album...but you also have to consider that of the Big 3 , BTCS is close to if not just as dark as BW.... but it is still celebrated and considered by alot of people including myself as their best album to date

Facebook