Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - BWGK on Vinyl
Thread: BWGK on Vinyl
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #549
dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: BWGK on Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryH17 View Post
Just got BWGK on vinyl a few days ago, because I just got a record player. Bought it from Best Buy.

I must say it might be the most messed up thing I've ever bought. First of all, side B says it has Squirm, Alligator Pie, and Seven (it is labeled side B though).... but really has Why I Am, Dive In and Spaceman... and Side C which claims to have Why I Am, Dive In and Spaceman really has Squirm, Alligator Pie, and Seven ... So i figured, oh well, it's mislabeled, as long as it has all the songs and sounds good, who cares... but nooooo...

Side D which claims to have Time Bomb, Baby Blue, and You and Me, really has Why I Am, Dive In and Spaceman on it (again)! Thus, I don't have 3 tracks! Not only that, but that disk is off center, so I get distorted sounds on those tracks as well. Going back to Best Buy very soon to return it. They'll probably let me exchange it, but I'm afraid all of their copies will have the same issues. So I might have to get it elsewhere.

Any suggestions on where to get a proper copy? Preferably with only paying around $15 (how much it was a Best Buy)
The side b/c issue was very common on the first pressing, but I've never heard of that SIDE D issue!

Grab a copy from Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Big-Whiskey-Gr.../dp/B00269VW3C

It's $16.98 - add something else to get to $25 and you get free shipping.

Last copy I got from them, perfectly pressed dead centre and no mislabelling.