Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New Interview With Dave
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:53 PM   #38
DMB1983

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Interview With Dave

I like interviews like this. It makes you feel like you're sitting at the coffee shop just talking with Dave Matthews about whatever. Politics, music, elevators, family, work etc...

I do think the break it was a collective and agreed upon thing by the band that Dave probably just sparked. He may almost be taking the blame for it here so no one will start rumors about anyone else.

It's funny how he mentions guilt is a useless emotion, then almost talks about himself being the lucky millionaire who doesn't work harder than anyone else. THAT'S HIM. He was a hippy musician in traveling in a red van with a band, and a really smart hard working manager, who made them all filthy rich.

I don't think all rich people just got lucky, some did, some didn't, most are really fucking smart. Smarter than the average joe who albeit does work his ass off, but just doesn't know or care to think about becoming a billionaire.

Richard Branson got rich off starting a record store and label and built Virgin into a 200 plus company that it is today. Some luck sure... But also a shit ton of hard work. Trump is different. If that's who Dave is referring to fine.

This interview could be taken that this band is on hiatus indefinitely, or just catching Dave in a very honest beginning of his first full year off from the band in 26 years and just venting a bit as to why. He sounded sick of it though, or was on the verge of becoming sick of it. I don't get why they don't come up with new material then if that's the case. Unless the whole circus is just getting old.
DMB1983 is offline   Reply With Quote