Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Seinfeld Appreciation Thread***
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #114
AlexK79
Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Seinfeld Appreciation Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrettaj View Post
TEINBRENNER: My name is George Steinbrenner, I'm afraid I have some very sad new about your son.

ESTELLE: (gasps)

(Costanza living room)

ESTELLE (crying): I can't believe it, he was so young. How could this have happened?

STEINBRENNER: Well, he'd been logging some pretty heavy hours, first one in in the morning, last one to leave at night. That kid was a human dynamo.

ESTELLE: Are you sure you're talking about George?

STEINBRENNER: You are Mr. and Mrs. Costanza?

FRANK (yelling): What the hell did you trade Jay Buener for?!? He had 30 home runs, and over 100 RBIs last year. He's got a rocket for an arm - - you don't know what the hell you're doin'!!

STEINBRENNER: Well, Buhner was a good prospect, no question about it. But my baseball people love Ken Phelps' bat. They kept saying 'Ken Phelps, Ken Phelps'.
This is my favorite Seinfeld moment EVER. There is something so genius and perfect about the setup - he tells them their son is dead, and Frank's reaction is to let him have it for a baseball move. Priceless.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote