Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Correct Me If I'm Wrong....
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #38
timothk
Haiku Warrior

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnlee0687 View Post
... but I feel in a few years we will view the BW songs (amount of times they are played and how the are constructed) as such:

Grux : ?
Shake Me Like A Monkey : Tripping Billies
Funny The Way It Is : Crush
Lying In The Hands of God : The Dreaming Tree
Why I Am : Ants Marching
Dive In : ?
Spaceman : Recently
Squirm : Dive In, Drive Out
Alligator Pie : ?
Seven : ?
Time Bomb : All Along The Watchtower
Baby Blue : I'll Back You Up
You and Me : Crash (Into Me)
I'm about to get toooooorched for saying this, but I actually see what you're saying...partially. Some of the comparisons I can see, Squirm = Drive In, Drive Out/Why I Am = Ants.

I really haven't commented to much on BW here but I really do like it. It's not my favorite of their catalogue but it's high up there on my list. I think over time people will like this album more, it has to grow on you in some respects...I for one didn't like Stand Up for the longest time, and just recently I've started to enjoy it a little more and to add to that, I started finding songs on there that would rank among the best of DMB's older stuff, i.e. American Baby, YMDT, etc.

My point is that I think with time, more people will accept some of these songs as "classics"/fan favorites from the band the way that Ants, Crash, and others are so widely accepted now.
Alpine Valley N1 & N2 '12
Alpine Valley N2 '13

Co-Host of DMB Marathon I & II
-The greatest twenty-four combined hours ever-