Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Will the Fonz shed light on Mac Head? (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=159044)

iPond317 04-06-2006 08:22 PM

Will the Fonz shed light on Mac Head?

1 Attachment(s)
One can only hope so, as I posted on his myspace comments asking the question. I figured this deserved it's own thread outside of Fonz's myspace thread. Here's what I asked:

4/6/2006 8:14 PM

Okay, I hate to be the fan to ask this, but I'm going to do it anyway. During the Before These Crowded Streets recording session with Steve, a song was written that came about with the name Mac Head. Fans have wondered since then what this song may have been or if it was a song that had been released but named something else. This image surfaced from the recording session and I'm hoping that you can shed some light on this DMB mystery! Thanks a ton, Fonz!

I really hope he remembers and can finally reveal the mystery that is Mac Head! So if anyone hasn't already asked him, yeah, I was the fan that took one for the DMB community :-) Flame or love :D

Robio 04-06-2006 08:24 PM

Re: Will the Fonz shed light on Mac Head?

I guess that's as good an opportunity as any. No doubt he'll dodge the question, but it's worth a shot.

nick45 04-06-2006 08:25 PM

I was just looking at that post actually. Should have known it was an ANT. Funny Shit

dmbkid08 04-06-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robio
I guess that's as good an opportunity as any. No doubt he'll dodge the question, but it's worth a shot.

why would he dodge it?

iPond317 04-06-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick45
I was just looking at that post actually. Should have known it was an ANT. Funny Shit

HAHA, yep, that was me! :multi

dmbkid08 04-06-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPond317
HAHA, yep, that was me! :multi

very good idea i dont have an account so i was trying to send my friends to do but u beat us to the bunch. and the way you asked was much better so im happy you did. very excited to see what he says back

davehead86 04-06-2006 08:47 PM

Prob not, its not a song anymore, it got chopped up and turned into other song (s).

dmbkid08 04-06-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davehead86
Prob not, its not a song anymore, it got chopped up and turned into other song (s).

if thats the case then hopefully he'll say that but i doubt he will totaly just ignore the question. its a lot better that "OMG I LUV U GUYZ SO MUCH PLAY DREAMGIRL FOR ME LUVZ YOU"

davehead86 04-06-2006 08:53 PM

True,

And just so you know Dave / Lillywhite have said that the song got chopped into another song (s). Theres actually an article in the archive here if you look.

dmbkid08 04-06-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davehead86
True,

And just so you know Dave / Lillywhite have said that the song got chopped into another song (s). Theres actually an article in the archive here if you look.

oh ya ive heard about that im not jabbin at you i know your right. i just hope that mabye he'll be more specific

davehead86 04-06-2006 09:31 PM

Lord knows i want more info too, just like i want lillywhite back, and timmy on the electric. But something just wont happen, and for this i cry :lorraine

SeanMH 04-06-2006 09:35 PM

thats a cool pic of their "setlist" of the recording session...

MGH4007 04-06-2006 09:36 PM

We will never know what MacHead is!!! STOP!!!

haha

iPond317 04-06-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGH4007
We will never know what MacHead is!!! STOP!!!

haha

Wow, why such hostility? :confused We're trying to find the answer to the biggest question out there in DMB land. Why would you want us to stop? It's like the question of why we're here! Well, maybe not that serious, but for DMB fans, this is serious!

So you sir, get a :twak . Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've just said. I'm just kidding. :hug

dancheatham 04-06-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Wow, why such hostility? :confused We're trying to find the answer to the biggest question out there in DMB land. Why would you want us to stop? It's like the question of why we're here! Well, maybe not that serious, but for DMB fans, this is serious!

So you sir, get a :twak . Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've just said. I'm just kidding. :hug

I'm pretty sure the "haha" was so you'd know he wasn't being hostile.

iPond317 04-06-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancheatham
I'm pretty sure the "haha" was so you'd know he wasn't being hostile.

And mine was totally sarcastic in response to him seeing as I closed it with "I'm just kidding" and a hug. It's way past my bedtime and I need sleep, night Ants! Hopefully we'll have an answer soon!

dancheatham 04-06-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

And mine was totally sarcastic in response to him seeing as I closed it with "I'm just kidding" and a hug. It's way past my bedtime and I need sleep, night Ants! Hopefully we'll have an answer soon!

haha yeah, I have trouble reading posts in their entirety ;)

Jake 04-07-2006 03:33 AM

I can tell you that the Fonz is one of 3 people I was told will know the true answer to MacHead.

we'll see...

HelloAgainC2 04-07-2006 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
I can tell you that the Fonz is one of 3 people I was told will know the true answer to MacHead.

we'll see...

dammit, and I thought only a setlist could keep me refreshing ants multiple times throughout a day!!! :p I really hope the man at least sheds some light for us! By the way, you asked the question just right I believe. Short and sweet but still letting him know how much we NEED to know! :)

cityondown5 04-07-2006 05:56 AM

For some reason in the past month or so I've gotten the impression that Jake knows exactly what Machead is.

Jake........? ;)

Tomriddle 04-07-2006 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cityondown5
For some reason in the past month or so I've gotten the impression that Jake knows exactly what Machead is.

I suspect the bastard is going to "accidentally" only remember to tell us the day he reintroduces flare. :evil

webbo_5 04-07-2006 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomriddle
I suspect the bastard is going to "accidentally" only remember to tell us the day he reintroduces flare. :evil

:lol

chr35919 04-07-2006 08:47 AM

does anyone else think all this attention is just going to drive him away from his myspace?...too many friends etc?

dmb71687 04-07-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chr35919
does anyone else think all this attention is just going to drive him away from his myspace?...too many friends etc?

id be suprised...he had to have known it was going to happen before he started it

webbo_5 04-07-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chr35919

Hell, he can't expect to be a famous musician and keep a low profile. In the real world or on the internet. I think he's loving the attention.

TMoore4075 04-07-2006 09:09 AM

He even said I want to get as many friends as possible.

I hope he says something about Mac Head. Could put that topic to rest finally.

randumox56 04-07-2006 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb71687
id be suprised...he had to have known it was going to happen before he started it

:thumbsup I think this is exactly right... it never really had anything to do with expectation... unless of course, he was expecting to receive copious amounts of friends and/or msgs

HelloAgain134 04-07-2006 09:12 AM

Do we really want to know what Machead is? I mean, it will be the end of a very long legend. Then, we will have to find something else to obsess over.

nickcua 04-07-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloAgain134
Do we really want to know what Machead is? I mean, it will be the end of a very long legend. Then, we will have to find something else to obsess over.

Yes we want to know.

TempHelpNeeded 04-07-2006 09:15 AM

+1...:lol

Oh the Underground Flare movement has begun!!!
:rolleyes