Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I would never create a thread about salads (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=304487)

daveshookme 09-06-2011 09:06 PM

I would never create a thread about salads

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...usaolp00000009

For christ sakes, even Panera and Starbucks finished ahead of In N Out.

DIDriveOut2SPAC 09-06-2011 09:09 PM

Re: It's official; Five Guys > In N Out

When will people learn that Subway is fucking terrible.

bonzo48280 09-06-2011 09:10 PM

I've never had Five Guys, but that changes tomorrow since there is one close to where i'm going tomorrow

DMBstandUP1984 09-06-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC (Post 12917611)
When will people learn that Subway is fucking terrible.

I'd have to agree...true story: best Subway I've ever had was on a little ass base I lived on in iraq during one of my deployments

whygohome? 09-06-2011 09:18 PM

A meatball marinara sub from subway is far from terrible. Sweet onion chicken teriyaki is good too

thebridge15 09-06-2011 09:18 PM

Cajun fries are way, way better than McDonald's fries.

thebridge15 09-06-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whygohome? (Post 12917628)
A meatball marinara sub from subway is far from terrible. Sweet onion chicken teriyaki is good too

So is buffalo chicken. Some stuff at Subway sucks, some is awesome. Like everywhere.

Though I still prefer a local deli or Jersey Mike's to Subway.

mja271 09-06-2011 09:21 PM

Obviously local deli's are much better, but Subway really isn't bad at all for being a fast food sandwhich shop. I like a lot of their options.

DIDriveOut2SPAC 09-06-2011 09:21 PM

Buffalo Chicken is NOT worth paying for at subway.

whygohome? 09-06-2011 09:23 PM

What about jack in the box? We don't have them in KY but I ate at one in NC a few months ago and it was hands down the best fast food I've ever had. I didn't even order what I thought I did, I wanted a steak sandwich and accidentally ordered a fried chicken BLT, ate it anyway and it was incredible

Best milkshake I've ever had too. God I want to find another jack in the box

rickyh24 09-06-2011 09:23 PM

My mouth says In N Out taste better than 5 Guys. I will continue to use that source.

RiotAct 09-06-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mja271 (Post 12917638)
Obviously local deli's are much better, but Subway really isn't bad at all for being a fast food sandwhich shop. I like a lot of their options.

sandwich*

(sorry, pet peeve of mine)

Also, Five Guys esta muy overrated

thebridge15 09-06-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC (Post 12917639)
Buffalo Chicken is NOT worth paying for at subway.

It's not, but it's also not bad. I've never thought Subway was as terrible as everyone thinks.

daveshookme 09-06-2011 09:25 PM

I've been having Subway quite a bit lately as there's one in the same building my class is in, and I have to say it's pretty tasty. I've only had the meatball marinara sub, and for the price it sure ain't bad. I'm not too huge on deli subs to begin with though, so it's going to get boring quick.

And to whatever clown said 5 guys is overrated, have you had it? Those cajun fries might be the best fry on the market. And the regular bacon cheeseburger is quite possibly the closest to heaven I've ever been, outside of listening to LeRoi Moore.

rickyh24 09-06-2011 09:25 PM

"Five Guys was deemed the most popular (which perhaps comes as no surprise)"

:lol most popular = best

thestand 09-06-2011 09:26 PM

Any ranking with McDonald's fries winning is trash. I abhor those things with the burning passion of all the suns in the Milky Way. Any, any fries are better than that. Deep fried turds of an Irishman would be better fried potatoes, although a bit more racist. I hate them so much that, if I go to McDonalds with someone (I don't like most of their sandwiches either, so I'm never there), I will get a sandwich and a drink a la cart, regardless of the fact that it's only about 20 cents cheaper than just getting the fries.

Hate.

lieinmygrave41 09-06-2011 09:27 PM

The correct answer is The Habit Burger.

RiotAct 09-06-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestand (Post 12917655)
Any ranking with McDonald's fries winning is trash. I abhor those things with the burning passion of all the suns in the Milky Way. Any, any fries are better than that. Deep fried turds of an Irishman would be better fried potatoes, although a bit more racist. I hate them so much that, if I go to McDonalds with someone (I don't like most of their sandwiches either, so I'm never there), I will get a sandwich and a drink a la cart, regardless of the fact that it's only about 20 cents cheaper than just getting the fries.

Hate.

there's like, no actual potatoes in McDonalds' fries anymore, it's just batter :lol Wendy's fries are awesome though, I think

whygohome? 09-06-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 12917654)
"Five Guys was deemed the most popular (which perhaps comes as no surprise)"

:lol most popular = best

How else do you measure the quality of food?

Lee3691 09-06-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 12917652)
I've been having Subway quite a bit lately as there's one in the same building my class is in, and I have to say it's pretty tasty. I've only had the meatball marinara sub, and for the price it sure ain't bad. I'm not too huge on deli subs to begin with though, so it's going to get boring quick.

And to whatever clown said 5 guys is overrated, have you had it? Those cajun fries might be the best fry on the market. And the regular bacon cheeseburger is quite possibly the closest to heaven I've ever been, outside of listening to LeRoi Moore.

You should try sex sometimes too.

RiotAct 09-06-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whygohome? (Post 12917659)

well, BK and McDonald's are popular too, and they're pretty fucking terrible

rickyh24 09-06-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whygohome? (Post 12917659)

Taste????

Do you measure how talented a musician is on popularity?

thebridge15 09-06-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 12917658)
there's like, no actual potatoes in McDonalds' fries anymore, it's just batter :lol Wendy's fries are awesome though, I think

Wendy's fries are great cause they're natural cut. McDonald's fries are just so cheap. People who like them just really like salt.

Also, Panera's chipotle chicken panini is amazing.

lieinmygrave41 09-06-2011 09:29 PM

Justin Bieber is pretty popular, he must be the best artist existing in America.

/logicofHuffingtonPost.

daveshookme 09-06-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee3691 (Post 12917660)
You should try sex sometimes too.

I'm not saying I'd rather eat a burger than fuck, but if you did a cost/benefit analysis of both the clear cut winner is eating a burger.
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebridge15 (Post 12917665)
Wendy's fries are great cause they're natural cut. McDonald's fries are just so cheap. People who like them just really like salt.

Also, Panera's chipotle chicken panini is amazing.

BK has the best fries out of any fast food restaurant with 5000+ locations, in my opinion.

whygohome? 09-06-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 12917663)
Taste????

Do you measure how talented a musician is on popularity?

No but this is food. Most restaurants that arent good won't be very popular. Can't say the same for bands

GrooGrux420 09-06-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whygohome? (Post 12917670)
No but this is food. Most restaurants that arent good won't be very popular. Can't say the same for bands

You can say the same exact thing for bands. Just because corporate America shoves it down our throat doesn't mean it's good.

rickyh24 09-06-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whygohome? (Post 12917670)

Really??? Five Guys is more popular because it is based in the most densely populated areas of America. Popularity has nothing to do with quality. I'm not saying Five Guys isn't good but I have had both many times and In N Out taste better. A popularity contest does not change that.

daveshookme 09-06-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 12917678)
Really??? Five Guys is more popular because it is based in the most densely populated areas of America. Popularity has nothing to do with quality. I'm not saying Five Guys isn't good but I have had both many times and In N Out taste better. A popularity contest does not change that.

I disagree 5 guys < In N Out, however I agree popularity doesn't = quality. For that matter, I'd argue McD's, BK, Taco Bell, and Wendy's are all equally popular which proves absolutely nothing in regards to quality. As you pointed out, In N Out and 5 Guys could easily have the same amount of stores (for this example we'll use 5 stores each) but if 5 guys' are in the O'Hare airport, in downtown Manhattan, on the Vegas Strip, outside Fenway Park and on Sunset Blvd whereas In N Out's are in Tulsa OK, Albany NY, Anchorage, Tallahassee, and Erie PA then obviously 5 Guys is going to win a popularity vote.

JRS1386 09-06-2011 09:41 PM

In N Out just needs to open up stores in the East Coast market. I wonder if there is a reason they don't have any besides maybe cost issues. With how good people say it is (I have never had it) I would assume it would do well

Edit: Would be interesting to know for those who chose Five Guys how many can honestly claim to have eaten an In N Out burger