Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   'Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King' Album Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Two New Albums? (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=212532)

White Rabbit 02-07-2008 12:49 PM

Two New Albums?

So I was thinking, and i noticed a lot of these new songs of Dave don't really require every instrument in the band. Some that come to mind are Eh Hee, Falling Off The Roof, #27, and A Dream So Real. Anyway, How Possible do you think it could be that Dave Plans to put another Some Devil Type album out along with a new album with the full band?

malarks26 02-07-2008 12:55 PM

Re: Two New Albums?

Not a chance

bibby1044 02-07-2008 01:09 PM

A Dream So Real was written by the band this past tour.

Arby 02-07-2008 01:11 PM

Not with it, but he is contracted to do another solo album

RobRoy286 02-07-2008 01:15 PM

It'll happen eventually - not with these songs though.

RobRoy286 02-07-2008 01:17 PM

and let me just say i'll be excited for a new dave solo album.

DJGeneral 02-07-2008 02:01 PM

Me too!

Bartender1717 02-07-2008 02:31 PM

I'm at least three times more excieted for a solo album then a full band

scadder21 02-07-2008 08:06 PM

Isn't Dave sladed to create songs for the soundtrack of that new movie hes going to be in?

sir iggius 02-07-2008 08:09 PM

nope. not at the same time

scadder21 02-07-2008 08:21 PM

Its the movie with a bunch of Scientology people in it. Dave is set to write the songs for the movie like Vedder did for the Into the Wild Movie. People were debating on here weather it meant he was going to score the soundtrack or write songs for it?

DMB0715 02-07-2008 09:20 PM

It'd be awesome to have two seperate albums released on the same day. One full DMB, one Dave solo.

RobRoy286 02-08-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMB0715 (Post 7082169)
It'd be awesome to have two seperate albums released on the same day. One full DMB, one Dave solo.

The solo album would probably be much much better, but the DMB album would sell more. Stefan would do his daily fly by of am.org and see what the true fans really think. Jealousy and envy would consume him and he would leave the band and join Roi (who has already left the band). As a replacement for Fonz, DMB would pick up Victor Wooten. However, Vic and Jeff Coffin come as a package deal, so we'd also get a nice bonus for Roi's replacement. Bela and Futureman would just say "ah what the heck, we may as well come over too." DMB + BFFT would live in harmony forever.

Oh, Tim and Steve would come over too.

CarterDMB27 02-18-2008 11:43 AM

What about a double album? They have enough material for one.

warehouseguy 02-19-2008 06:42 AM

I hate the idea of a double album b/c i feel like the band will be distracted, and become lazy. if there is enough material for two discs, hold off on one of those discs and let those songs improve in a live setting, then follow up w/ a second album a year/half later.

lestat1600 02-19-2008 08:18 PM

im sure a solo is in the works, when will be out? thats the question

bibby1044 02-20-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warehouseguy (Post 7119714)
I hate the idea of a double album b/c i feel like the band will be distracted, and become lazy. if there is enough material for two discs, hold off on one of those discs and let those songs improve in a live setting, then follow up w/ a second album a year/half later.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

ride_shotgun3 02-20-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warehouseguy (Post 7119714)

couldnt agree more.:hump. letting one album come out and play it live, and at the same time devolep the second so its not just ok like the album that must not be named

warehouseguy 02-21-2008 10:27 AM

but i'm all for a b-side bonus disc like the stand up album w/ 3-5 b-sides...

DerekJTR2 02-21-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Rabbit (Post 7080330)
So I was thinking, and i noticed a lot of these new songs of Dave don't really require every instrument in the band. Some that come to mind are Eh Hee, Falling Off The Roof, #27, and A Dream So Real. Anyway, How Possible do you think it could be that Dave Plans to put another Some Devil Type album out along with a new album with the full band?

Not now with the full band album, but Dave is contractually obligated to do another solo album. YES!

Milenk 02-22-2008 04:38 AM

I think we could be in for a DMB double disc studio, da first of its kind.

dwdrums36 02-22-2008 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milenk (Post 7131878)
I think we could be in for a DMB double disc studio, da first of its kind.

Yeah I made a comment about this in another thread a while ago. A Foo Fighters, In Your Honor style might be nice.

jiggajm18 02-22-2008 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterDMB27 (Post 7117298)
What about a double album? They have enough material for one.

please no. most double albums aren't good.

Pig17 02-22-2008 06:24 AM

No, this isn't the seventh Harry Potter movie.

DerekJTR2 02-22-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggajm18 (Post 7131966)
please no. most double albums aren't good.

You people pigeonhole yourselves so much. "Most" double albums aren't good? What's most. Seriously. You people are so predisposed to not liking the albums anyway, no matter what they put out you're gonna bitch. Go listen to Hannah Montana if you want to know what you're getting.

bibby1044 02-22-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerekJTR2 (Post 7132824)
You people pigeonhole yourselves so much. "Most" double albums aren't good? What's most. Seriously. You people are so predisposed to not liking the albums anyway, no matter what they put out you're gonna bitch. Go listen to Hannah Montana if you want to know what you're getting.

If they have that much material anyway, whats wrong with releasing one album, then going on tour roadtesting some of the songs that didnt make it and releasing a second album a year or so later? Its much safer.

DerekJTR2 02-22-2008 03:07 PM

I agree Bibby, I'm just saying if that's what they wanna do, and end up doing then they don't deserve to be written off immediately.

bibby1044 02-22-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerekJTR2 (Post 7134017)
I agree Bibby, I'm just saying if that's what they wanna do, and end up doing then they don't deserve to be written off immediately.

Well yeah, you cant just say its going to be horrible just because its a double...but it leaves more room for error. I just want a big 4 before we get any doulbe albums.

Hilly 02-23-2008 06:54 AM

Quote:

The fact is, most double albums could be condensed to one incredible album... but there's so much "Filler" in double albums.

and by "most" he means that the last GOOD double album was by the Smashing Pumpkins.

RHCP was decent - but there's way too much filler and crap... if it was condensed to one cd, it could have been one of their best.

Foo Fighters double album was about as disposable as double albums get.

deadendstreet 02-23-2008 07:08 AM

Quote:

Here we go again. A die-hard fan who thinks if you don't love everything the band does you should go find other music to listen to. :rolleyes How typical