Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: 25 June 2021) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340621)

chadizzy1 05-02-2016 05:44 AM

The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: 25 June 2021)

Without a title or a release date it's hard to title this thread. But I figured this one was good enough.

What we know:

Solo Film Confirmed
http://www.newsarama.com/28745-batma...vin-smith.html
Script Written By: Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns
Directed By: Ben Affleck

Release Date
"As for the release date, last week Warner Bros announced two new DC movies scheduled for October 5, 2018 and November 1, 2019, respectively. Odds are the Batman movie will go in one of these spots, giving moviegoers an extra helping of him in the midst of all his other appearances."

Ben Affleck's The Batman Movie Rumored To Include Lots Of Villains
http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/01/b...ts-of-villain/
"Many, if not most, members of Batman's rogue's gallery will be making appearances in the film," writes Devin Faraci, who is becoming one of the most frequent sources of DC Extended Universe rumors. "It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie."

Creative Control: "FANS REJOICE AS BEN AFFLECK HAS ‘COMPLETE CREATIVE CONTROL’ ON SOLO ‘BATMAN’ FILM, NOT ZACK SNYDER"
http://www.inquisitr.com/3047139/fan...t-zack-snyder/
"According to Heroic Hollywood, it is now rumored that both Affleck and DC Extended Universe COO Geoff Johns are going to have “complete creative control” on the solo Batman film. That would mean any major decisions on the casting, direction, and storyline would go through either one of them before happening on-screen."

BAHHHTIWaC 05-02-2016 05:47 AM

Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16395510)
"Many, if not most, members of Batman's rogue's gallery will be making appearances in the film," writes Devin Faraci, who is becoming one of the most frequent sources of DC Extended Universe rumors. "It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie."

Hard to see how this won't be a bad idea.

chadizzy1 05-02-2016 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAHHHTIWaC (Post 16395515)
Hard to see how this won't be a bad idea.

I know, that does sound like it could be a bad idea. Unless they do an Arkham story - that's really the only way it could work.

M. Steng 05-02-2016 06:40 AM

I also read an article (maybe that same one) that says most of the villain appearances will be cameos or just like passing them in Arkham cells, or something like that.

Wouldn't mind seeing a movie with a bunch of villains, though. It'd be cool to see them all working together. Sort of like the trailer vid for the Arkham Knight video game.

Jake 05-02-2016 07:34 AM

Already feels bloated and sounds forced.

Such a shame DC just doesn't get it

M. Steng 05-02-2016 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 16395711)

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

blumathu 05-02-2016 07:39 AM

Long Halloween?

M. Steng 05-02-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blumathu (Post 16395720)
Long Halloween?

One of my favorite Batman stories, but I'm not sure how well it'd translate to the big screen. A similar theme in the movie would be great, though. Very focused on his detective skills, a slow burn mystery type story would be a great change of pace and would appeal to a wide audience. I'd love it.

BeyondKnight 05-02-2016 07:40 AM

How cool would a live action adaptation of Hush be?

sheldonlevene 05-02-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Steng (Post 16395593)
I also read an article (maybe that same one) that says most of the villain appearances will be cameos or just like passing them in Arkham cells, or something like that.

Wouldn't mind seeing a movie with a bunch of villains, though. It'd be cool to see them all working together. Sort of like the trailer vid for the Arkham Knight video game.

The "villain team up" fails in movies because films seek to give everyone equal development, screen time etc.

It works so well in games a) because you have as much time as you need to explore the secondary and tertiary characters and b) because developers (Rocksteady specifically) realize you don't need to flesh out Firefly as much as the Joker.

This could be really great in the Batfleck solo movie. Have one guy lead a group of villains and pay fan service by packing a few in. Ones that require more setup and characterization, refer to them as being offscreen, locked up in Arkham etc.

Lee3691 05-02-2016 08:05 AM

Hope I "get / understand" this one

KevinTH 05-02-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blumathu (Post 16395720)
Long Halloween?

First thing I thought of. If they pulled from that I would be incredibly excited. That is my favorite Batman story.

Before people start thinking it's "bloated", how about waiting until there's more information other than a rumor? There's such little information about this movie and people are already going to start down a negative path?

MOWJO8185 05-02-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 16395800)
First thing I thought of. If they pulled from that I would be incredibly excited. That is my favorite Batman story.

Before people start thinking it's "bloated", how about waiting until there's more information other than a rumor? There's such little information about this movie and people are already going to start down a negative path?

I mean, since DC has headed down this multi-film universe path, it has one film to its name, and to a lot of people that movie felt bloated. If the first nugget of information about this upcoming movie seems to indicate a similar trend (and not to say that a bunch of villains on screen together can't work well in a film, just to say that historically it hasn't), then wouldn't that be grounds for concern, at least to the people who didn't like BvS?

javierm27 05-02-2016 10:03 AM

Can't wait for this one, so much to look forward to before it comes out, but I am really excited about seeing this Batman get his full movie.

chadizzy1 05-02-2016 10:10 AM

All I can say is I'm excited about it. Affleck is a fantastic Batman and it'll be great to see him grow that character and watch it breathe in a full film.

Sure, numerous villains will suck if true, but it's just a rumor. May not happen at all.

javierm27 05-02-2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16395510)
Without a title or a release date it's hard to title this thread. But I figured this one was good enough.

What we know:

Solo Film Confirmed
http://www.newsarama.com/28745-batma...vin-smith.html
Script Written By: Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns
Directed By: Ben Affleck

Release Date
"As for the release date, last week Warner Bros announced two new DC movies scheduled for October 5, 2018 and November 1, 2019, respectively. Odds are the Batman movie will go in one of these spots, giving moviegoers an extra helping of him in the midst of all his other appearances."

Ben Affleck's The Batman Movie Rumored To Include Lots Of Villains
http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/01/b...ts-of-villain/

Creative Control: "FANS REJOICE AS BEN AFFLECK HAS ‘COMPLETE CREATIVE CONTROL’ ON SOLO ‘BATMAN’ FILM, NOT ZACK SNYDER"
http://www.inquisitr.com/3047139/fan...t-zack-snyder/
"According to Heroic Hollywood, it is now rumored that both Affleck and DC Extended Universe COO Geoff Johns are going to have “complete creative control” on the solo Batman film. That would mean any major decisions on the casting, direction, and storyline would go through either one of them before happening on-screen."

That lots of villain rumors is coming from a Marvel dick rider. The same one that said the reshoots for Suicide Squad were to add more humor and that all the jokes were in the trailer. I would not believe that rumor at all. Long Halloween would be possible, but I don't see it happening. I think the rumor I would believe would be the Red Hood.

javierm27 05-02-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee3691 (Post 16395771)
Hope I "get / understand" this one

Nah, you're not sophisticated enough or something. :lol Sorry Lee, at least we agree on Lakers and In N Out.

javierm27 05-02-2016 10:29 AM

No doubt this movie will be ahead of it's time though.

sheldonlevene 05-02-2016 10:29 AM

Red Hood has been done so many different ways lately. It's a good story, but between the DC animated feature, the games, and the actual books...I'm a little burned out on it.

javierm27 05-02-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16395957)
All I can say is I'm excited about it. Affleck is a fantastic Batman and it'll be great to see him grow that character and watch it breathe in a full film.

Sure, numerous villains will suck if true, but it's just a rumor. May not happen at all.

I want more from that Batman, can't wait to see how involved he is in Suicide Squad.

javierm27 05-02-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheldonlevene (Post 16396018)
Red Hood has been done so many different ways lately. It's a good story, but between the DC animated feature, the games, and the actual books...I'm a little burned out on it.

It still would be cool to see on the big screen. Really curious about Scott Eastwood's character in the Suicide Squad.

javierm27 05-02-2016 10:34 AM

This would be cool to see if it's true about Eastwood's character.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3864090

kydmb99 05-02-2016 10:59 AM

If Snyder isn't allowed to touch this I'll give it a chance

justink 05-02-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 16395711)

Already sounds like that other bat circus. The clooney one.

Tomriddle 05-02-2016 12:32 PM

Geoff Johns is the man, this should be awesome if they let him handle everything. Affleck is solid also.

TwoStep2888 05-02-2016 12:44 PM

Affleck Batman was great in BvS, so I'll def see this.

KevinTH 05-02-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 16395808)
I mean, since DC has headed down this multi-film universe path, it has one film to its name, and to a lot of people that movie felt bloated. If the first nugget of information about this upcoming movie seems to indicate a similar trend (and not to say that a bunch of villains on screen together can't work well in a film, just to say that historically it hasn't), then wouldn't that be grounds for concern, at least to the people who didn't like BvS?

But it's a rumor, and there's absolutely no context to the claim. Like someone said, it could be as simple as walking through Arkham and seeing some of the villains in their cells. So I don't see the point in thinking this movie will be overloaded, when all we actually know is that Affleck and Johns are involved.

javierm27 05-02-2016 02:03 PM

I need more of this!!

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...r237gn5cb4.gif

TwoStep2888 05-02-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javierm27 (Post 16396368)

that's some good batman

Jake 05-02-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javierm27 (Post 16396368)

try Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, or Arkham Knight