Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   'Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King' Album Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   cool idea for time bomb (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263530)

eggsrsweet 08-26-2009 09:24 PM

cool idea for time bomb

in terms of the live time bomb, i've got a kick ass idea:

1. start off time bomb dave solo alternating the opening riff a little bit. this is how i play the opening riff -

e---------------------------------------
b---------------------------------------
g--14--12--10---9-------12--10---9---7
d--12--12--12--10-------12--12--10---7
a---------------------------------------

-along with this riff, dave could have some lyrics opening it up. alternate the lyrics every night kind of like two step.

2. the song should stay dave solo up until the chorus when he first starts singing, "baby, when i get home...". after that chorus, it should go back to dave solo.

3. after dave sings (still dave solo), "...watching as we fly away..." (right before it breaks into the big rock ending), dave should sing "away" really lightly and have carter make a timebomb tick on the drums three times like 'tick.. tick.. tick.. tick.. BOOOM. they break into the big jam instead of the lame lead in they have now and on the album.

4. tim should do his solo as always and dave should repeatedly sing the "baby, when i get home..." chorus. but instead of it just ending when dave sings, "i wanna believe in jesus", they should have boyd just start going ape shit :monkey after dave sings this and have him going nuts on the song. then, jeff and rashawn should do some solos following this. carter'll be going nuts in the background to keep the energy of the song high.

5. to finish it off, they should all just be playing the shit out of their insturments for like a minute and then abruptly stop it and shut the lights off.

-if they did this, i think i would shit my pants. it would make it much more worthy of a closer if they did this. what do you guys think about this idea? its just an idea. i'm not saying i think this is gonna happen. thanks to chyeachyea552 about changing up a couple of the ideas.

jaymas9 08-26-2009 09:28 PM

Re: cool idea for time bomb

:thumbsup:thumbsup A lot of these are some real cool concepts for the tune in its live development.

EhHeePig 08-27-2009 10:55 AM

If any band "played the shit out of their instruments" and then immediately shut the lights off, it would be cool.

WaltzingBack 08-27-2009 11:06 AM

i have a feeling they're gonna really expand on this song after this long break they've taken. i think a lot of the Big Whiskey songs will be nice and jammed out at the end of this tour.

americanemu25 08-27-2009 11:14 AM

itd be cool if they actually set off a bomb/big explosion somewhere (injuring no one) when they started goin into the heavy part...

eggsrsweet 08-27-2009 11:34 AM

yeah. they need some pyrotechnics for this song in particular. it would be kick ass

Orange60587 08-27-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggsrsweet (Post 10016448)
in terms of the live time bomb, i've got a kick ass idea:

1. start off time bomb dave solo alternating the opening riff a little bit. this is how i play the opening riff -

b---------------------------------------
g--14--12--10---9-------12--10---9---7
d--12--12--12--10-------12--12--10---7
a---------------------------------------

-along with this riff, dave could have some lyrics opening it up. alternate the lyrics every night kind of like two step.

2. the song should stay dave solo up until the chorus when he first starts singing, "baby, when i get home...". after that chorus, it should go back to dave solo.

3. after dave sings (still dave solo), "...watching as we fly away..." (right before it breaks into the big rock ending), dave should sing "away" really lightly and have carter make a timebomb tick on the drums three times like 'tick.. tick.. tick.. tick.. BOOOM. they break into the big jam instead of the lame lead in they have now and on the album.

4. tim should do his solo as always and dave should repeatedly sing the "baby, when i get home..." chorus. but instead of it just ending when dave sings, "i wanna believe in jesus", they should have boyd just start going ape shit :monkey after dave sings this and have him going nuts on the song. then, jeff and rashawn should do some solos following this. carter'll be going nuts in the background to keep the energy of the song high.

5. to finish it off, they should all just be playing the shit out of their insturments for like a minute and then abruptly stop it and shut the lights off.

-if they did this, i think i would shit my pants. it would make it much more worthy of a closer if they did this. what do you guys think about this idea? its just an idea. i'm not saying i think this is gonna happen. thanks to chyeachyea552 about changing up a couple of the ideas.

This would be filthy

bila 08-27-2009 11:49 AM

my idea would be when they go into the 5 second bridge that carter is basically playing sugar will jam on the drums they just go into it

smokew11 08-27-2009 11:53 AM

i like this a lot op

eggsrsweet 08-27-2009 11:55 AM

i just have to find some way of getting the band to come across this

Ram 08-27-2009 12:20 PM

Reminds me of when McCartney does "Live and Let Die"

cotton#36 08-27-2009 12:23 PM

love it

eggsrsweet 08-27-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram (Post 10018951)
Reminds me of when McCartney does "Live and Let Die"

YESSIR. i had the pleasure of being able to see mccartney once and he puts on one hell of a muthafuckin show. and "live and let die" was explosive.

chyeachyea552 08-27-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggsrsweet (Post 10019078)
YESSIR. i had the pleasure of being able to see mccartney once and he puts on one hell of a muthafuckin show. and "live and let die" was explosive.

im getting bashed in another thread for the fool to think idea ha
i know its urs, but i made a thread about it, and people are being mean =[ hahaha

eggsrsweet 08-27-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chyeachyea552 (Post 10019131)
im getting bashed in another thread for the fool to think idea ha
i know its urs, but i made a thread about it, and people are being mean =[ hahaha

everybody take things to seriously on here. haha. i just posted somethin in that thread too.

Ram 08-27-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggsrsweet (Post 10019078)

He sure does :thumbsup

warhawkDMB30 08-27-2009 01:32 PM

wow man. wow.

i can picture it happening... and yes, i also, would shit... my pants

JayBomb24 08-27-2009 01:52 PM

I got a better idea...play the intro for 8 minutes and call it a night.

Ram 08-27-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBomb24 (Post 10019593)

Or better yet...FINISH THE SONG IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE! :lorraine

bluesbrother41 08-27-2009 03:19 PM

it needs that pace!

seriously though, maybe alternate a jammed out intro and a dave solo intro similar to ants on different nights?

Ram 08-27-2009 03:21 PM

I wonder if once they get into the crazy stuff at the end if they could transition back into the intro music and jam on that....that might be badass if they could do it....if you hear those clips online of them working on it where it's the more intense part of the old song....that could be sick.

bluesbrother41 08-27-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram (Post 10020191)
I wonder if once they get into the crazy stuff at the end if they could transition back into the intro music and jam on that....that might be badass if they could do it....if you hear those clips online of them working on it where it's the more intense part of the old song....that could be sick.

i would love to see a very similar arrangement to seek up, with the extended intros and outros.

Ram 08-27-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesbrother41 (Post 10020204)
i would love to see a very similar arrangement to seek up, with the extended intros and outros.

As the song is now, it really does nothing for me - so I'm all for any modifications they can make to it live...because I'd LIKE to be able to get into it...I just can't now.

tshaw143 09-02-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBomb24 (Post 10019593)

:thumbsup

SmoothRider[PL] 09-03-2009 03:46 PM

I love the tick tick tick part :thumbsup

DLCSBMMK 09-03-2009 04:03 PM

So, two step with an acoustic section in the middle? lol. Sounds like it could be cool.

two-by-twostep 09-12-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americanemu25 (Post 10018431)
itd be cool if they actually set off a bomb/big explosion somewhere (injuring no one) when they started goin into the heavy part...

:lol:lol:lol

BrotherChaos420 09-12-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americanemu25 (Post 10018431)

Nah, don't want Dave to pull a James Hetfield.

BDJCL3 09-18-2009 07:24 AM

The current intro needs help, I know that much.

eggsrsweet 02-25-2010 07:45 PM

Funny to see timebomb hasn't returned yet this tour. Wonder if they read this and they're practicing it now?