Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Away From The World (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Attention Steve Lillywhite (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=307750)

Peppermill 03-01-2012 05:47 PM

Attention Steve Lillywhite

Can we get a snippit of what you and the band are working on please? A short video, audio clip, or even just more specific information on the songs (new, old, re-worked)? Throw us a bone here, because we know you or someone close to you reads these boards. I think I can speak for most of the Ants community, that just a tad bit more than generalized twitter updates would suffice for awhile.

Thank You in advance

Dmb & Lillywhite fan since 1996

Kent Hughes
919 Brookhaven Drive
Valdosta, Ga. 31601
cell 229-292-4452
(Just in case you want to go ahead and send me a sample yourself or just chat about whats going on....One can always dream big right?)

camptravisr 03-01-2012 05:53 PM

Re: Attention Steve Lillywhite

I'm gonna get drunk this weekend and call your house pretending to be Steve Lillywhite :D

TheLastStop123 03-01-2012 05:55 PM

blololololol

Arby 03-01-2012 05:58 PM

While you're at it - I need to contact Dave to get him back to heaven with the angels...where he belongs. He'll know wht i mean

Peppermill 03-01-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camptravisr (Post 13391926)
I'm gonna get drunk this weekend and call your house pretending to be Steve Lillywhite :D

I anticipate some reaction like yours. If in fact I do get a phone call, message like yours which would be false, i'll just post your message on here with your contact information. If someone happens to go through great lengths to fool me, and I think it's true, I'd post what was told with no contact information generating some more buzz about the album. It will be fun regardless of the outcome!

camptravisr 03-01-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peppermill (Post 13391940)
I anticipate some reaction like yours. If in fact I do get a phone call, message like yours which would be false, i'll just post your message on here with your contact information. If someone happens to go through great lengths to fool me, and I think it's true, I'd post what was told with no contact information generating some more buzz about the album. It will be fun regardless of the outcome!

My lengths will be great, and my tactics relentless.

theycallmecore 03-01-2012 06:27 PM

1st rule of the internet: NEVER person your phone number

you're just asking to be prank called

theycallmecore 03-01-2012 06:28 PM

1st rule of the internet: NEVER person your phone number

you're just asking to be prank called

Panther41 03-01-2012 06:32 PM

Fake. "Kent Hughes" is actually an anagram of "Steve Lillywhite".

BrahmaBull 03-01-2012 06:32 PM

geeeeeeeeeeez

JunkBondTrader 03-01-2012 06:50 PM

did you really just post all of your info online so steve lillywhite can send you some fucking demos? good lord.

maxpower00044 03-01-2012 07:01 PM

Looks like this one will be in the Epic Thread section.

GreyBlueEyes_81 03-01-2012 07:07 PM

Watch. The more we beat this guy up the more likely Steve is to respond to him and send him some autographed shit

Peppermill 03-01-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkBondTrader (Post 13391989)
did you really just post all of your info online so steve lillywhite can send you some fucking demos? good lord.

You misunderstood. I do not in any way expect Steve Lillywhite or anyone affiliated with the band to send me information about the new album. It was just a plea for something more than what we've already heard. Something new. And yes...I did post my information on the thread. I was only trying to persuade someone to leak some new information about this album. Forgive me if I was trying to be optimistic. I was just trying to be honest. If you want to bash me, go ahead...because it speaks volumes about what the fanbase used to be and what it has become.

MarvinBerry 03-01-2012 07:43 PM

Steve told me op is a doushebag

Bohrman26 03-01-2012 07:53 PM

:lol:lol:lol

Really OP? Idiot.

koolout 03-01-2012 08:07 PM

steve lillywhite, one of the most famous music producers in the world, will make a VHS tape of some top secret DMB songs, walk it to the post office and mail it to kent. this vhs tape becomes known as the Kent Sessions. sessions never leak because kent cannot figure out how to rip a VHS tape to the internet.

Peppermill 03-01-2012 08:12 PM

You can say whatever you want to say. Call me an idiot, a loser, or stupid. I am just looking forward to something new and exciting. I've had a lot of shit going on this past year, to have something like the band coming back and recording with Lillywhite again is fresh, like a new beginning. I've been on the brink of divorce. My house is currently in foreclosure. I've had three friends of mine diagnosed with colon cancer...one of which has passed. Lumpy was an inspiration to me, who also bought the guitar which I own now. I just always keep coming back to the music. The music I've always loved and felt inspired by. It gets me through the days, through the weeks and the tough times I don't wish to talk about. And if being honest about that is such a bad thing then maybe I should stop being a part of this community.

Bohrman26 03-01-2012 08:21 PM

No one is criticizing you for loving this band or being excited to hear new music. Hell, we're all in that same boat. And I'm really sorry to hear about your tough times as of late.

But man, it's just not smart to post all of that personal information on the internet, let alone a message board of faceless people. You've got to consider not only the members here but the people who just read and aren't even registered. You don't know anything about any of them. So, to post your personal info up there isn't smart. Who knows what someone will do with it. And that is what we are all giving you a hard time about.

If I were you I'd message a mod or someone asking them to take it down for you.

ajk316 03-01-2012 08:31 PM

I would like it to be like the old days. No leaks, no single before the album comes out (I know this will not be the case) but the anticipation and excitement would be fun. It would be a nice change up, to not hear the whole album leaked weeks before the actually release.

Peppermill 03-01-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohrman26 (Post 13392059)
No one is criticizing you for loving this band or being excited to hear new music. Hell, we're all in that same boat. And I'm really sorry to hear about your tough times as of late.

But man, it's just not smart to post all of that personal information on the internet, let alone a message board of faceless people. You've got to consider not only the members here but the people who just read and aren't even registered. You don't know anything about any of them. So, to post your personal info up there isn't smart. Who knows what someone will do with it. And that is what we are all giving you a hard time about.

If I were you I'd message a mod or someone asking them to take it down for you.

I have no reason to believe that anyone visiting or on this board would use my information in a malicious manner. That's just not how I view this forum or fanbase, either right or wrong. I appreciate your words of concern and sympathy. There is nothing which I expect to gain here outside a few more specifics about the new album which we are all anticipating.

pmcox3333 03-01-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajk316 (Post 13392065)
I would like it to be like the old days. No leaks, no single before the album comes out (I know this will not be the case) but the anticipation and excitement would be fun. It would be a nice change up, to not hear the whole album leaked weeks before the actually release.

Agreed. I'm really pleased at the way the band/RCA is playing this one so close to the vest. I hope they keep it this way. No need for a big hype machine - internet teases, Rolling Stone interviews, etc.

The fact that Lillywhite is producing the album should cause enough hype.

kitkatcarter 03-01-2012 09:19 PM

Man, I'm shocked at the amount of people who want this to stay low-key..... That's not how the music industry works with a band like DMB.

brianlisk 03-01-2012 09:21 PM

I just need to be in on this post... and first page is AWESOME!! So excited. As for you, Kent... it sucks that you're life has been so hard, but seriously... begging Steve Lillywhite to send you something... it's just... sad. I don't mean that as a slam... I mean it as... dude... you're clinging to Steve Lillywhite or one of his boys reading this forum and mailing you something... If the info you posted is legit, that was really dumb to post it. Really dumb.

DannoMac21 03-01-2012 09:34 PM

this is incredible. his whole address. like a postcard or some shit.

camptravisr 03-01-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolout (Post 13392041)
steve lillywhite, one of the most famous music producers in the world, will make a VHS tape of some top secret DMB songs, walk it to the post office and mail it to kent. this vhs tape becomes known as the Kent Sessions. sessions never leak because kent cannot figure out how to rip a VHS tape to the internet.

:lol:lol:lol Oh myyy

joshizzle3 03-01-2012 09:51 PM

Hey, this is Steve. I just texted you some info. I look forward to a long, intimate relationship with you, my #1 fan

antsmarching777 03-01-2012 10:25 PM

OP, you know that if you press *67 before placing a call it hides your number from their caller ID. Not smart to post that info, even as a joke or to make a statement. Good luck OP!

whyiam34 03-01-2012 10:26 PM

just tweeted lilywhite this thread

haefs11 03-01-2012 10:34 PM

this is on its way to being an epic thread.