Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Marvel's AVENGERS:INFINITY WAR / END GAME (spoilers for endgame start on page 21) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=343945)

junior94 11-22-2016 07:08 PM

Marvel's AVENGERS:INFINITY WAR / END GAME (spoilers for endgame start on page 21)

30,000th post!! :D Yea I realized about a week ago that I was as close to 30k as I was so got the idea then to use it to create this thread like the pathetic dork that I am :lol and hell I wound up creating the combined thread for the last two Harry Potter movies like almost about a year and a half before the first movie was released, so it seemed slightly less ridiculous to then do it here.

They're shooting both films back to back in roughly a 9 month block that was initially expected to start just before the end of this year, but I've read about reports now from multiple places that it looks like they've actually already begun down in Atlanta. Granted that could only mean a couple of the main stars so far.

Directed by Anthony & Joe Russo. Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.

Confirmed cast (in one or both movies):
Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man. Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America. Chris Hemsworth as Thor. Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk. Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Stephen Strange. Guardians Of The Galaxy (Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax The Destroyer, Bradley Cooper as Rocket Racoon, Vin Diesel as Groot). Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye. Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch. Paul Bettany as The Vision. Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier. Benedict Wong as Wong. James Brolin as Thanos.

All but officially confirmed cast (in one or both):
Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man. Chadwick Boseman as King T'Challa/Black Panther. Scarlett Johannson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow. Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon. Tom Hiddleston as Loki. Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury. Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-man. Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/War Machine. Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne/Wasp.

Now there are other casting areas even aside from those where, at the moment it's not quite as close to being set to go, but all things considered it would make sense to see them included, again at least in one of the movies if not both. like Benecio Del Toro's The Collector, or Cate Blanchett's Hela and Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster, both from Thor 3. oh and though I wouldn't know specific character names, Kevin Feige has said that some Illuminati group members would appear somewhere in the story. Not sure yet about other sort of sub-villains that aren't confirmed as dead yet (Red Skull, Baron Zemo, etc... I wouldn't even say an Ultron reappearance is out of the question).

TwoStep2888 11-22-2016 07:17 PM

Re: Marvel's AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (5.4.18 / 5.3.19)

exhausting

Useliteski 11-22-2016 08:38 PM

Happy 30,000 post, Kevin!

UrsadonDMB 11-22-2016 08:44 PM

Congrats! I can't wait for 2017 to get rolling where we start getting three MCU movies a year :D

junior94 11-22-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB (Post 16648761)
Congrats! I can't wait for 2017 to get rolling where we start getting three MCU movies a year :D

hell yea! I think Thor 3 especially feels like it really might surprise people in an incredible way, and wind up being by far the best of his trilogy. and yea, people talk about the whole "superhero/comic book fatigue" thing, but I've always felt from the beginning, if at the end of the day they're good movies with engaging and entertaining stories, that really shouldn't matter.

UrsadonDMB 11-22-2016 09:02 PM

I liked the two a year pace but will welcome a bonus movie with open arms :lol

Thor 3 is going to be a big movie for the overall story I am glad it's last of the 2017 lineup. I have nothing but confidence in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and I am most interested in the new Spiderman film. Hopefully Sony doesn't mess this whole thing up

junior94 11-22-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB (Post 16648770)
I liked the two a year pace but will welcome a bonus movie with open arms :lol

Thor 3 is going to be a big movie for the overall story I am glad it's last of the 2017 lineup. I have nothing but confidence in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and I am most interested in the new Spiderman film. Hopefully Sony doesn't mess this whole thing up

***warning -- bit of a long ass post directly below here, worthy for diehards only, and even then it's still questionable... but can't say I didn't warn ya*** :lol
yea Thor 3 is the last one of 2017 and there's only one other (Black Panther) between Thor and then the first IW flick. And this seems quite appropriate because Ragnarok will introduce the 6th and final part of the Infinity Gauntlet, the Soul Stone, only thing we've still not yet seen the movies (now that we got the Time one in DS) so then bam, rolling right into IW soon after with the public finally being aware of all 6 elements of it.

Which reminds me, something I forgot to mention in the OP (tho god knows that was more than long enough as it is :lol ), something I think's gotten to be a little misunderstood about both films. Way back when we got the big Phase 3 announcement from Marvel, they initially had it finishing off with Avengers movies of Infinity War P1, then simply Infinity War P2 almost exactly one year later. However several months ago, they felt more comfortable with dropping each of the Pt1/Pt2 subtitles, calling the first movie simply Avengers: Infinity War, and for now the next one (tho same release dates) Untitled Avengers 4 Movie. and a huge reason why they did that, the Russos made it clear they didn't want fans to think it was simply one 5 hour movie cut right in half, ala the second 2 Matrix sequels. That each movie was a whole separate film.
But then some people I think way overreacted to that thinking like, okay wow ANYTHING could happen in this Avengers 4 movie, like will it be after Thanos and now finally the Fantastic 4 show up? and etc? etc?

While I can't say this for imperial fact, but I think it's a very educated guess. That this isn't a case where Thanos will be defeated by the whole Avengers team up in the first film, and then a whole different things will go down in #4 and with some of the same people but a bunch of new ones as well. For one thing, Thanos is someone we still know excrutiatingly little about, we're going to get a sufficient amount of his story, all the guys teaming up AND putting him on the ground in 1 movie? No way in hell. I think it'll be not dissimilar to Back To The Future 2 & 3 (also had both movies shot in one big block of time) where it's plenty fair to say that each movie had its own sort of flavor and themes, settings, and even story to a certain degree, but still where one overarching story is being told. Thanos' journey. But no they're not going to be different as, say Iron Man 1 was to Thor 2 or anything like that.
and clearly, the main ideas they're cooking around down there for the subtitles for the 2nd movie would likely be a spoiler for film 1.

DMBZeppelin 11-22-2016 11:05 PM

While they are shooting these movies together, they are no longer Part 1 and Part 2. Only the first movie is actually Infinity War.

DMBZeppelin 11-22-2016 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior94 (Post 16648786)
***warning -- bit of a long ass post directly below here, worthy for diehards only, and even then it's still questionable... but can't say I didn't warn ya*** :lol
yea Thor 3 is the last one of 2017 and there's only one other (Black Panther) between Thor and then the first IW flick. And this seems quite appropriate because Ragnarok will introduce the 6th and final part of the Infinity Gauntlet, the Soul Stone, only thing we've still not yet seen the movies (now that we got the Time one in DS) so then bam, rolling right into IW soon after with the public finally being aware of all 6 elements of it.

Which reminds me, something I forgot to mention in the OP (tho god knows that was more than long enough as it is :lol ), something I think's gotten to be a little misunderstood about both films. Way back when we got the big Phase 3 announcement from Marvel, they initially had it finishing off with Avengers movies of Infinity War P1, then simply Infinity War P2 almost exactly one year later. However several months ago, they felt more comfortable with dropping each of the Pt1/Pt2 subtitles, calling the first movie simply Avengers: Infinity War, and for now the next one (tho same release dates) Untitled Avengers 4 Movie. and a huge reason why they did that, the Russos made it clear they didn't want fans to think it was simply one 5 hour movie cut right in half, ala the second 2 Matrix sequels. That each movie was a whole separate film.
But then some people I think way overreacted to that thinking like, okay wow ANYTHING could happen in this Avengers 4 movie, like will it be after Thanos and now finally the Fantastic 4 show up? and etc? etc?

While I can't say this for imperial fact, but I think it's a very educated guess. That this isn't a case where Thanos will be defeated by the whole Avengers team up in the first film, and then a whole different things will go down in #4 and with some of the same people but a bunch of new ones as well. For one thing, Thanos is someone we still know excrutiatingly little about, we're going to get a sufficient amount of his story, all the guys teaming up AND putting him on the ground in 1 movie? No way in hell. I think it'll be not dissimilar to Back To The Future 2 & 3 (also had both movies shot in one big block of time) where it's plenty fair to say that each movie had its own sort of flavor and themes, settings, and even story to a certain degree, but still where one overarching story is being told. Thanos' journey. But no they're not going to be different as, say Iron Man 1 was to Thor 2 or anything like that.
and clearly, the main ideas they're cooking around down there for the subtitles for the 2nd movie would likely be a spoiler for film 1.

I see you kind of posted what I was talking about, but you made it really weird.

Here's what Kevin Feige said in October:

Quote:

"There's a reason we have publicly called the first one 'Infinity War' and the second one 'Untitled,' because the movies we were developing were not -- certainly there's a connection, there are with all our movies -- but it's not a first part and a second part. It's a whole movie and a whole story, and then a whole movie and a whole story. That's about all I can say," Feige said. "It's certainly inspired by everything that has come before and everything that is hinted at before."

junior94 11-22-2016 11:31 PM

yea admittedly I shouldn't have bothered to try and post all that particular bit so close to properly going to bed, with how out of it I feel :lol

UrsadonDMB 11-23-2016 08:27 AM

I find it interesting that they are filming them back to back, it makes sense but it is just interesting. The end game story must be finished for all of the movies at this point for the most part

bradshaw06 11-23-2016 08:59 AM

I dont think theyre both infinity war anymore, but theyre still going to make all the money

BTBaboon 11-23-2016 09:08 AM

I was holding out hope that the first would be "Infinity Gauntlet" and the second would be "Infinity War" and follow the comics. But unfortunately I don't think they have enough rights to characters to pull either off in full as they are in the comics.

Saw interesting rumors a week back though about potential for Dr. Doom. The Russo Brothers tweeted a photo that some on the interwebs thought was to be a setting in Latveria

bradshaw06 11-23-2016 09:41 AM

Doom would be awesome

JRS1386 11-23-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 16649062)
I was holding out hope that the first would be "Infinity Gauntlet" and the second would be "Infinity War" and follow the comics. But unfortunately I don't think they have enough rights to characters to pull either off in full as they are in the comics.

Saw interesting rumors a week back though about potential for Dr. Doom. The Russo Brothers tweeted a photo that some on the interwebs thought was to be a setting in Latveria

Is Dr. Doom not owned by Fox?

BTBaboon 11-23-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16649124)
Is Dr. Doom not owned by Fox?

Probably. But rumors have been circulating for a bit about a similar deal being struck that gave the MCU Spiderman. Remember, we only found out about that ahead of time because of the SONY hacking.

I'm not sure if I buy into the Doom rumors (that picture they tweeted could easily be a scene for Asgard, too) but I don't completely discount them either; given the plot line of Infinity War in the comics

JRS1386 11-23-2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 16649130)
Probably. But rumors have been circulating for a bit about a similar deal being struck that gave the MCU Spiderman. Remember, we only found out about that ahead of time because of the SONY hacking.

I'm not sure if I buy into the Doom rumors (that picture they tweeted could easily be a scene for Asgard, too) but I don't completely discount them either; given the plot line of Infinity War in the comics

If I learned anything from Civil War is to not get too tied up in the comics' plot. They are typically to expansive and can not be covered by movies. They would need the rights to Silver Surfer and Galactus as well and they still haven't mentioned Adam Warlock

BTBaboon 11-23-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16649136)
If I learned anything from Civil War is to not get too tied up in the comics' plot. They are typically to expansive and can not be covered by movies. They would need the rights to Silver Surfer and Galactus as well and they still haven't mentioned Adam Warlock

I assume if they got Doom, they'd get all FF related characters (so Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc).

As far as Warlock, there was talk that the cocoon in the Collectors place in Guardians was actually Adam Warlock

JRS1386 11-23-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 16649142)
I assume if they got Doom, they'd get all FF related characters (so Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc).

As far as Warlock, there was talk that the cocoon in the Collectors place in Guardians was actually Adam Warlock

Yea I know about the cocoon but then zero talk of him since. No casting rumors or anything that I have seen

DMBZeppelin 11-23-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 16649142)

This is correct. Fox is not going to make more FF movies. Feige was pretty clear the other day a Sony-esque deal isn't happening with Fox.

Considering Deadpool's success they'd be better off trading FF rights back to Marvel for things they need. For instance Marvel was able to get Ego for Guardians 2 in a trade for altering a mutants power in Deadpool.

junior94 01-12-2017 12:23 PM

wanted to pop in and drop some knowledge as a bit more has come out lately. Now technically speaking, as of just a couple of days ago this was still up in the air (though I never had doubt it would), that Spiderman would be in Infinity War, that the deal hadn't been set yet. But it is now 100% official, Peter Parker will be in the movie. Though I'm not really expecting him to have all that much more in relation to the whole scope than what he did for Civil War.

Peter Dinklage is also the newest bigger name to be added to the cast. No clue on who he's playing (already some theories brewing among the more comics-savvy) but he is officially set for both of the movies.

Lastly, this is by no means any sort of proper announcement, but I think it's highly suggestive. In fact, I wonder if Kevin Feige isn't maybe a little irked at Tom Hiddleston right now. cause Hiddleston was speaking to a reporter about something else and Thor: Ragnarok came up, he began talking about the other cast members. He referred to Cate Blanchett specifically as playing Lady Death. Now the character she's playing in Thor is called Hela, the ruler of the Asgardian underworld, which granted does seem to sort of feel like a rough, general equivalent to "Death". But nowhere else has she ever been referred to as this, and since a key part of Thanos' character in the original Infinity Gauntlet comics story was trying to impress Lady Death since he was in love with her, this perhaps hints toward the film story carrying that over.

BTBaboon 01-12-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior94 (Post 16683791)
wanted to pop in and drop some knowledge as a bit more has come out lately. Now technically speaking, as of just a couple of days ago this was still up in the air (though I never had doubt it would), that Spiderman would be in Infinity War, that the deal hadn't been set yet. But it is now 100% official, Peter Parker will be in the movie. Though I'm not really expecting him to have all that much more in relation to the whole scope than what he did for Civil War.

Peter Dinklage is also the newest bigger name to be added to the cast. No clue on who he's playing (already some theories brewing among the more comics-savvy) but he is officially set for both of the movies.

Lastly, this is by no means any sort of proper announcement, but I think it's highly suggestive. In fact, I wonder if Kevin Feige isn't maybe a little irked at Tom Hiddleston right now. cause Hiddleston was speaking to a reporter about something else and Thor: Ragnarok came up, he began talking about the other cast members. He referred to Cate Blanchett specifically as playing Lady Death. Now the character she's playing in Thor is called Hela, the ruler of the Asgardian underworld, which granted does seem to sort of feel like a rough, general equivalent to "Death". But nowhere else has she ever been referred to as this, and since a key part of Thanos' character in the original Infinity Gauntlet comics story was trying to impress Lady Death since he was in love with her, this perhaps hints toward the film story carrying that over.

I had seen rumors previously that this was going to be the case, that they would work Hela in place of Death as Thanos' "love" interest

WidespreadMule3 01-12-2017 12:35 PM

I wondered how they'd play that character up in the movies. She had a pretty big role in the comics so I hoped they would include her in the movies. But she's such a dark and "scary" character I wasn't sure if Marvel would use her.

M. Steng 01-12-2017 12:41 PM

The most shocking part of this thread is that Junior only has 108 posts since mid-November.

junior94 01-12-2017 01:23 PM

huh? I've never been some big poster whore. yea sure I've obviously made plenty of dumb threads I STARTED over the years, but there's tons of people on ants with way higher general post rates than me.

junior94 01-24-2017 11:48 AM

I'm pretty sure they had already been doing some smaller 2nd unit work, but the Russos posted this official still yesterday of all the talent trailers lined up as a nod to day 1 of official principle photography happening on the whole endeavor. As nice of a little present as any I could've gotten for my birthday. only like 10 more months of filming to go! :p

https://www.facebook.com/TheRussoBro...type=3&theater

I hadn't really thought of this before Dave Bautista happened to mention it in this one interview, but I suppose it's rather unlikely that there'd be even just one single day where they'd manage to have literally every one of the major characters featured there on set at the same time (hell for the latest Arrested Development season, there was only 1 day where they got the whole cast together in a room, and this will be like four time as big as that). but so they'll probably have to wind up using some CGI just to have multiple groups of actors in the same frame "together".

junior94 02-10-2017 07:22 PM

Marvel's official channel has put out a little featurette video celebrating the first proper day of main photography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAOzrChqmd0

and as I've been meaning to post for a couple days, other side characters from Guardians Of The Galaxy have been 100% confirmed for one or both parts, like the Collector, Nebula and Mantis. This also totally solidifies Spiderman's inclusion, though I never really doubted that.

The one main newsworthy thing from earlier this week was Kevin Feige saying that Infinity War actually pretty much has Thanos as being the main character. and this to me further explains how they changed it from not merely being Part 1 & 2, but still essentially telling the same complete story, that the titles just really being more semantics. Because you can have a first movie that's more from a master villain's point of view (definitely a new approach to their ongoing villain problem) and his collecting all the stones, and the second more the aftermath of that so it feels significantly different.

chadizzy1 02-10-2017 08:16 PM

Howard The Duck better be in this film.

junior94 07-15-2017 04:27 PM

The first bit of footage from this was shown at D23 today. I'm not sure if it would like properly be a trailer, or just a sizzle reel for playing at an event like that, but this is Collider's description of it.

http://collider.com/avengers-infinit...e-description/

still I'll have a fools prayer this winds up getting put to us the public :lol (even if maybe we have to wait a few days)
and btw, it's literally just yesterday that principle photography wrapped on the first of the two movies, on Infinity War. Since they got Comic Con next week anyway they'll probably just wait for that to calm down (Marvel has a 90-120 minute long panel), but then production on the Untitled #4 starts immediately after.

DMBZeppelin 07-15-2017 05:36 PM

Someone tweeted a picture of a Thanos poster from the Marvel booth at D23: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE0P-8BVwAAfRXZ.jpg:large

Is it May yet?