Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   D&T Oakland OFFICIAL VIDEO (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334283)

dmb417 01-27-2015 01:02 PM

D&T Oakland OFFICIAL VIDEO

Didn't see a thread, sorry if I missed one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiYPeOyP0GQ

Looks great, sounds okay :)

highlanders 01-27-2015 01:03 PM

Re: D&T Oakland OFFICIAL VIDEO

awesome great find!!

Dannyyankou 01-27-2015 01:11 PM

Great, now release the whole thing!

It's in HD too. Holding out for Blu-Ray

MikeZimm 01-27-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 15790192)

Probably a good sign it's in 1080
But I wouldn't hold my breath

Dannyyankou 01-27-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZimm (Post 15790199)
Probably a good sign it's in 1080
But I wouldn't hold my breath

I actually just watched it and the angles don't scream "DVD" to me. Maybe it'll get a live release, but I doubt DVD now.

ExistenceNow 01-27-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 15790192)

The Berkeley video they released was in HD as well. And we know how that story ended.

chadizzy1 01-27-2015 01:42 PM

Thread title made me think official release

Hilly 01-27-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 15790287)
Thread title made me think official release

I'm with you. I'm also not sure why the title isn't "***Official Oakland Video***"

KevinTH 01-27-2015 02:22 PM

Tim looks like a little old Chinese woman.

FeelingGood 01-27-2015 06:57 PM

Thanks for posting OP. I really enjoyed Saturday night - great show. That one night was worth the trip out there. They definitely could release a DVD for that show. There was a handheld camera in the left pit and I understand (didn't see them) that there were cameras in the balcony and I definitely saw the two at the back of the Orchestra Friday night. So I think they had the coverage. The crowd energy was awesome Saturday, the set was great and who could complain about that last six song run. I'd buy a DVD of that performance :thumbsup

jamietwostep 01-27-2015 07:56 PM

Nice! Thanks!! Seriously hoping for a full release.

RSSR 01-27-2015 08:22 PM

I have a feeling (if this is the next release) this is getting released in Blu-ray. I mean, it has to.

dmb417 01-28-2015 04:24 AM

I don't care about Blu-Ray, I just want a great audio mix (i.e. not Vegas)

And personally I wouldn't mind if they tweaked Dave's voice a bit like they did for the Lakeside "release"

TMoore4075 01-28-2015 05:06 AM

Bluray isn't super important to me but quality is. The Charlottesville one and the AFTW dvd were just screen videos released as a dvd. Give me quality video and editing and of course a good mix sound-wise.

dobyblue 01-28-2015 05:32 AM

Audio quality is important to me, when they present videos to us on a single DVD we don't get any lossless options, we get 192 Kbps Dolby Digital stereo and 448 Kbps Dolby Digital 5.1, that's @ 96 Kbps/channel. The only DVDs that have had a lossless stereo track have been shows spread across 2 DVDs; Piedmont and Central Park.

Blu-ray would present these audio tracks in lossless or uncompressed high resolution. The advantage to that is again quality-related, not just because you avoid lossy compression but because surround mixes generally avoid dynamic range compression being applied so with Blu-ray you'd get the opportunity to create a 2-channel mix-down that retains the full dynamics of the original performance and matches the studio quality bit-for-bit. 6x the resolution and far more efficient video codec (AVC/MPEG-4 vs. MPEG-2) are just bonuses.

vegeevore 01-28-2015 09:22 PM

Oakland is not getting released. They filmed Vegas in both 09 and 10, they filmed the the 2011 east coast D&T stops, they filmed New Orleans, and they filmed Oakland. How many official video releases do we have from that bunch? 0.

I also don't think that management would release 2 shows geographically as close as Berkeley and Oakland within a similar time period. What also is funny to think about is that about 90% of the songs played at Oakland and Berkeley were the same.

TwoStep2888 01-28-2015 09:43 PM

Good find OP.

TMoore4075 01-29-2015 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegeevore (Post 15792722)
Oakland is not getting released. They filmed Vegas in both 09 and 10, they filmed the the 2011 east coast D&T stops, they filmed New Orleans, and they filmed Oakland. How many official video releases do we have from that bunch? 0.

I also don't think that management would release 2 shows geographically as close as Berkeley and Oakland within a similar time period. What also is funny to think about is that about 90% of the songs played at Oakland and Berkeley were the same.

You are right about Vegas. Record it all and all we get is this:
http://youtu.be/U1Cax99gVSA

holdyouclose 01-29-2015 05:40 AM

Maybe they were waiting to get a show where the crowd wasn't beyond heinous and annoying? If they were, they finally got it....watching that LV video is almost impossible....

SpotlightEyes 01-29-2015 06:12 AM

Video of D&T doesn't really do anything for me. Its better off audio.

SeekUpTheCubs 01-29-2015 07:34 AM

I seriously hope they release N2

N1 is underwhelming on paper, but Id love that Snow Outside

Dannyyankou 01-29-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegeevore (Post 15792722)

Vegas got an audio release in 2009. You can't rule out an audio release for Oakland.

socopithy 01-29-2015 09:17 AM

Even if it's just audio, I'd welcome it with open ears. It was great hearing Nancies from the soundboard and got me excited to hear it all with some nice editing/production/etc.