Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Away From The World (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=307311)

kyledmb 03-15-2012 07:14 AM

Re: Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERoths711 (Post 13434838)
What's IEM?

In Ear Monitor

TMoore4075 03-15-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERoths711 (Post 13434838)
What's IEM?

Ahhh didn't know you were that new around here sorry. The answer is below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyledmb (Post 13434846)
In Ear Monitor

In Ear Monitor is what they band uses now to hear themselves on stage. They can also talk to each other through it. Since it's wireless people in the past had found a way to grab the signal and record off of it. Which is totally against the bands taping policy. however it still happens (although seems less now than it was say 7-8 years ago) and that's what this version is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjpp642Ia-g

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-ear_monitor

kyledmb 03-15-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13434853)
Ahhh didn't know you were that new around here sorry. The answer is below.

In Ear Monitor is what they band uses now to hear themselves on stage. They can also talk to each other through it. Since it's wireless people in the past had found a way to grab the signal and record off of it. Which is totally against the bands taping policy. however it still happens (although seems less now than it was say 7-8 years ago) and that's what this version is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjpp642Ia-g

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-ear_monitor

Maybe you know, but does the band exclusively use IEM for monitoring? I don't recall ever seeing a wedge on stage outside of the old-old days.

TMoore4075 03-15-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyledmb (Post 13434867)
Maybe you know, but does the band exclusively use IEM for monitoring? I don't recall ever seeing a wedge on stage outside of the old-old days.

Looks like Timmy has one in front of him still and Dave has a couple it looks like from recent pictures. The stage is a hell of a lot less cluttered than it used to be with them.

hoiter2005 03-29-2012 05:48 PM

I have two CD's rotating in my car right now of unreleased music I'd love to hear on a studio album.. I'd say it's like torture, but I'm an optimistic so bring on the new material too.

ramiro24 03-29-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13434920)
Looks like Timmy has one in front of him still and Dave has a couple it looks like from recent pictures. The stage is a hell of a lot less cluttered than it used to be with them.

the only monitor on stage is for tim. dave has the fan and teleprompter and stefan has his bass effects and a small wedge that acts as a stand for his foot he can rest on that has a speaker that feeds from carters bass so he can stay in rhythm with carter.

sheldonlevene 04-01-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 13474193)
the only monitor on stage is for tim. dave has the fan and teleprompter and stefan has his bass effects and a small wedge that acts as a stand for his foot he can rest on that has a speaker that feeds from carters bass so he can stay in rhythm with carter.

Tim has said in the past he has tinitus and can't do iems.

paulg83 04-02-2012 10:38 PM

Stefan just replied to somebody on twitter asking if Sugar Will is on the new album! His response:

Stefan Lessard ‏ @SLessard @Mike_Almos: @SLessard is sugar will on the new album?” Probably not maybe yes possibly not really no no opposite day confused?

:trap

rantingthespian 04-02-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulg83 (Post 13485880)
Stefan just replied to somebody on twitter asking if Sugar Will is on the new album! His response:

Stefan Lessard ‏ @SLessard @Mike_Almos: @SLessard is sugar will on the new album?” Probably not maybe yes possibly not really no no opposite day confused?

:trap

I would actually take that as a good sign.

lilant420 04-06-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rantingthespian (Post 13485890)
I would actually take that as a good sign.

A good sign that it is not.

heisenberg1 09-01-2012 09:31 PM

Funny that this was actually kinda true, although some of these points (like the Rashawn video) are way past the point that they decided to do new songs.

heisenberg1 09-01-2012 09:45 PM

Also - does anyone else remember Steve's response to someone asking him about recording old songs? It was something like "What, you want to get your Christmas present early??"

It seems like I've seen a few separate rumors of the band going in to the studio with Steven again later this year. Wouldn't be surprised at all with an EP later this year

pbrk11 09-01-2012 09:50 PM

i remember lillywhite had a tweet or tweeted a response to someone along these lines..."my favorite dmb b-side is on the album,but you haven't heard it yet"

jane88 09-01-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heisenberg1 (Post 13987313)
Also - does anyone else remember Steve's response to someone asking him about recording old songs? It was something like "What, you want to get your Christmas present early??"

It seems like I've seen a few separate rumors of the band going in to the studio with Steven again later this year. Wouldn't be surprised at all with an EP later this year

I'm the one who tweeted Lillywhite about this. I asked him if the new album is going to have any previously played live songs on it and he said,''you want to know your xmas present early? shame on you!'' I wish I could take that as a b-side album will be released for xmas, but this was way before the track list was released, so I think he was just referring to the album.

brianremy 09-01-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heisenberg1 (Post 13987313)

You know what, I was kindof confused as to why Dave was sitting in the studio for the Dave and Rodrigo interview right now. Im pretty sure Dave said that the interview took place about two weeks before the gorge. So the question is, why was there a month gap? Why was dave Skyping from a studio when an album is already done?

Obviously we are beating a dead horse with these speculations, but they are still fun to screw around with!

heisenberg1 09-01-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianremy (Post 13987697)
You know what, I was kindof confused as to why Dave was sitting in the studio for the Dave and Rodrigo interview right now. Im pretty sure Dave said that the interview took place about two weeks before the gorge. So the question is, why was there a month gap? Why was dave Skyping from a studio when an album is already done?

Obviously we are beating a dead horse with these speculations, but they are still fun to screw around with!

Maybe they recorded some songs while doing stuff for the Faces in the Mirror soundtrack?

hmich176 09-02-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianremy (Post 13987697)

Rodrigo established that it was two weeks to the Gorge. 2 weeks =/= a month.

heisenberg1 09-02-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmich176 (Post 13988014)
Rodrigo established that it was two weeks to the Gorge. 2 weeks =/= a month.

Pretty sure he's referring to the tour gap...