Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Away From The World (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Mercy Video (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=316479)

DMBmelch 08-29-2012 09:30 AM

Mercy Video

Just released:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&h...UaY&nomobile=1

Who made it? I forgot to submit. Really wish I had sent in a video now!:BANG

drop2d 08-29-2012 09:37 AM

Re: Mercy Video

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=316472

DMBmelch 08-29-2012 10:40 AM

Didn't mean to double post, but I thought the video for the song Mercy, which is from the album Away From The World belonged in the Away From The World section.

Fatoldsun 08-29-2012 01:20 PM

Thank you, DMB, for including my photo in your awesome video!

At 0:27 bottom middle shot, you'll see a silhouette of a man lifting his son and that's my husband lifting my son in our meadow! It pans in for only a second, but my fam is in a Dave Matthews Video!!!!

markus_europe 08-29-2012 02:12 PM

holy fuck i couldn't watch it up until now here in Europe.

you were right, I shouldn't have watched that. that is one embarrassing piece of bullcrap. holy fuck.

Panther41 08-29-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markus_europe (Post 13978916)
holy fuck i couldn't watch it up until now here in Europe.

you were right, I shouldn't have watched that. that is one embarrassing piece of bullcrap. holy fuck.

You sound like a lovely person.

Panther41 08-29-2012 03:42 PM

I watched it without the audio (yep, I'm still trying to resist hearing anything more til 9/11) and as someone who actively makes video art on a regular basis, I found quite a lot to enjoy in that video. You have to be a fatally cynical soul to go throwing your bile at that video or its message of humanity and love.

markus_europe 08-29-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther41 (Post 13979184)
You sound like a lovely person.

:thumbsup usually, I try to be and often times I am. But this video wasn't good. Sorry the abundance of swear words in my previous post. Didn't think too much about it before posting rather impulsively.

Jordan#41 08-29-2012 08:17 PM

Found this pretty interesting. This is from Mumford & Sons regarding the music video for their new single "I Will Wait." (Sorry for the length of post)

To all Fans and Filmakers coming to the Red Rocks Amphitheatre shows on the 28th and 29th August 2012,

We’re looking for stories about you, who you are - your lives and loves, your friends, families, homes, towns and places of importance to you..

Your footage should feel like a snapshot of your life at this point and documentation of your journey to, and experience of the Red Rocks shows. Say as much and as little about Mumford & Sons as you like..

Introduce who you’re travelling with and show us how you are getting to the venue – walking, cycling, driving, RV, the more individual the better. We want to capture your favourite moments from the show itself and importantly, we want all of our filmmakers to be filming before the encore so we can experience it with you.

And what do you do in the aftermath of the concert? What’s your next morning like? Where do you go from here?

How do you want to tell your story?

We want you to be imaginative, come at this with an independent eye. The more variety the better, Handheld cameras and pocket Camcorders, Cell-phones, Super 8 perhaps whatever you can get and the highest quality you can muster.

INSTRUCTIONS

Collate and timeline all your footage into a 10 minute clip (Edited or unedited – we don’t mind)
Upload to YouTube headed ‘Road to Red Rocks **Your Name*
Email a link to the youtube video to redrocks@gentlemenoftheroad.com
In that email make sure to include your name, email address, age, date of event you attended and a contact telephone number, and details of your footage.
You can send us as many clips as you like – we’ll everything and consider it for inclusion in the film.
If we choose your footage to include in the film we’ll get in contact with you.
If you have any questions, or need any assistance in submitting your clips, please email redrocks@gentlemenoftheroad.com and we’ll try to get back to you.

1yankeesfan 08-29-2012 08:42 PM

I love this video :)

KillerBunny 08-30-2012 02:39 AM

can someone download or reupload can't view outside the USA which is STUPID

KillerBunny 08-30-2012 02:59 AM

used a proxy, man that is a shit video lol. Personally I think it's a crap idea, and heaps lame. The video encoder quality is terrible also because it's all users uploading who have no idea lol. Yeah nah not a fan.

Panther41 08-30-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerBunny (Post 13980111)
Personally I think it's a crap idea, and heaps lame.

Do you realize which band you're being a fan of? This is DMB. You know, they're all about community and love and humanistic ideals. So, this video pretty much exemplifies everything they are about.

So... why are you even a fan again? If you're looking for dark and edgy, you may have come to the wrong place. Just saying.

BotheLaneFan 08-30-2012 12:53 PM

DMB being giving and lovey dovey has nothing to do with this being a totally dogshit video.

KillerBunny 08-31-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther41 (Post 13981458)
Do you realize which band you're being a fan of? This is DMB. You know, they're all about community and love and humanistic ideals. So, this video pretty much exemplifies everything they are about.

So... why are you even a fan again? If you're looking for dark and edgy, you may have come to the wrong place. Just saying.

Mate, I am a fan because their music is subjectively to me the most amazing breath of fresh air across the entire 'known about' scene of music. They are so unique and I love it.

What they stand for doesn't really bother me that much, it's just they don't need to make a lame video when they could actually make a totally awesome video.

Othello-5 09-02-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerBunny (Post 13980111)
used a proxy, man that is a shit video lol. Personally I think it's a crap idea, and heaps lame. The video encoder quality is terrible also because it's all users uploading who have no idea lol. Yeah nah not a fan.

If this is one of those shortened plural words like "totes" then I have just lost all respect for your opinion and you as a person.

Also, i thought the video was really good, especially given the subject matter. And those griping about editing should realize that they were working with hundreds if not thousands of individual shot photos and videos with no cohesive direction. Even the best editor will produce a rough looking video with those conditions.