Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cigar Smokers (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=261765)

gmmmotors 08-07-2009 09:22 AM

Cigar Smokers

I searched around and didn't find any related threads.

How many of the ants community are cigar smokers? I really enjoy smoking cigars and do so probably once a week. I am looking to get a collection rolling though. What kind of cigars do you smoke? Do you collect or own a humidor? I have been researching and am going to buy a humidor to start this collection very soon. Any cigar connoissuers here? I would appreciate suggestions for my soon to be humidor purchase.

Taylor36 08-07-2009 10:13 AM

Re: Cigar Smokers

I don't know much about humidours, but my go to cigars are padron's. If i've got a little extra cash i'll go for an ashton heritage

The_Last_Stop 08-07-2009 10:26 AM

:thumbsup

bigmonkeyfish 08-07-2009 12:22 PM

Yep, my buddy has a few humidors with about 10K worth of cigars. We enjoy one every so often.

wnderwoman 08-07-2009 12:30 PM

When I was 20-22 I worked at a cigar club. A desk top humidor should run you between 40 to 75 for something decent.

How many cigars do you plan to keep? Unless you have a lot of cigars to keep, you shouldn't need anything more than that.

Rodey 08-07-2009 12:30 PM

Not gonna lie, cigar smoke annoys the shit out of me. Way more than cigarette smoke.

Probably just because cigars smell like absolute ass and the smell never seems to go away.

unccrombie 08-07-2009 12:36 PM

cancer, man, cancer

bluesbrother41 08-07-2009 01:22 PM

swisher sweet?

thedrumster12 08-07-2009 01:50 PM

nothing but the finest, straight dutch masters......

sully51 08-07-2009 02:56 PM

Few suggestions from my year of humidor ownership:

Don't get a glass top, it looks cool but its just more places for air to escape
Get a digital hygrometer, simply for peace of mind
And get something nicer than the stupid little puck humidifier they give you (maybe try the beads? I heard good things about them)

Lastly a '50 count' is only actually going to hold about 25 of the now popular 5-6" & 50+ ring gauge cigars. So don't buy two boxes or a box and some samplers and plan to fit it all

I love smoking cigars, but I usually stick with Punch Rare Corojos/Gran Puros, Excaliburs, Romeo Y Julieta's, things in that price range. Just can't afford more as a college student :lol

wnderwoman 08-07-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully51 (Post 9931495)
Few suggestions from my year of humidor ownership:

Don't get a glass top, it looks cool but its just more places for air to escape
Get a digital hygrometer, simply for peace of mind
And get something nicer than the stupid little puck humidifier they give you (maybe try the beads? I heard good things about them)

Lastly a '50 count' is only actually going to hold about 25 of the now popular 5-6" & 50+ ring gauge cigars. So don't buy two boxes or a box and some samplers and plan to fit it all

I love smoking cigars, but I usually stick with Punch Rare Corojos/Gran Puros, Excaliburs, Romeo Y Julieta's, things in that price range. Just can't afford more as a college student :lol

You should try Partagas and Macanudo. Similar in quality and price as the brands you like.

map41 08-07-2009 03:04 PM

i enjoy dutchmasters honey dutch.......;)

jackbauer0041 08-07-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodey (Post 9930794)
Not gonna lie, cigar smoke annoys the shit out of me. Way more than cigarette smoke.

Probably just because cigars smell like absolute ass and the smell never seems to go away.

dunno what cigar smoke you have been smelling, but they usually smell amazing.

Cigarrette smoke is pretty nasty smelling though.

Jake 08-07-2009 03:40 PM

anything by Jose "Pepin" Garcia.

He rolls Tatuaje (all of his) and the Cabiguan as well.

here's his personal ones he rolls http://www.elreydeloshabanos.com/cigars.asp

The orange wrapper one is more mild, and the blue is smooth. the black packs a punch.

I am almost exclusive on Pepin Garcia now, outside of a few cheap boxes of El Rey Del Mundo I picked up in JR in North Carolina.

thedrumster12 08-07-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 9931777)
anything by Jose "Pepin" Garcia.

He rolls Tatuaje (all of his) and the Cabiguan as well.

here's his personal ones he rolls http://www.elreydeloshabanos.com/cigars.asp

The orange wrapper one is more mild, and the blue is smooth. the black packs a punch.

I am almost exclusive on Pepin Garcia now, outside of a few cheap boxes of El Rey Del Mundo I picked up in JR in North Carolina.

:lol, Gotta love that place

TheTallOne 08-07-2009 05:23 PM

Oliva makes some solid ones, and Padrons are a great go to.

berman1125 08-07-2009 05:59 PM

yeah, i like to smoke cigars while golfing

justincreekrn 08-07-2009 07:05 PM

try Acid's Kuba Kuba for a different, but amazing, cigar

gonz085 08-07-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 9930817)
cancer, man, cancer

should i be directing u to the cigarette smoker thread?

i love cigars, a friend of mine got me into them just a little while a go. nothing better than chilling and smoking some stogies, and golf of course

sully51 08-07-2009 11:50 PM

I get all my cigar stuff from JRs online site :thumbsup

GSUdawg521 08-08-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnderwoman (Post 9931528)
You should try Partagas and Macanudo. Similar in quality and price as the brands you like.

These are some of my favorite :thumbsup

I have a nice pretty simple 50 ct humidor and a digital hygro from radioshack. I keep it in my closet on a shelf and it's been at the perfect temp/humidity for a long time now.

My ex-gf bought me a real neat sampler of like top rated cigars (not your standard catalog sampler) and those have lasted me a while -- if you're reading this, yes I still have some and am enjoying them :)

I wish I could do it a little more often, I need to make some more time for it. I have a nice more private porch now at my new apartment, so I may have to light one up someday soon

Jake 08-08-2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justincreekrn (Post 9932859)
try Acid's Kuba Kuba for a different, but amazing, cigar

those are flavored. Drew Estates.

MikeTheStone 08-08-2009 07:57 AM

The edge, Rocky Pattel 12 years, and R & J habana reserves are all stocked in my humidor, smelling great. :thumbsup

Jake 08-10-2009 08:52 AM

CAO is nice too. The Brazilian and America are two of my fav's

Lcsulla 08-10-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnderwoman (Post 9931528)

The romeo's are actually quite better than macanudo or partegas IMO. I like the taste better. So nice to sit on a beach having one of those with a cold drink!

RJP2741 08-10-2009 09:08 AM

Right now I pretty much just smoke Phillies or Game cigars, when I'm older and can afford to buy more expensive cigars I'll definitely get into it.

gmmmotors 08-10-2009 09:22 AM

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I have been reading up on the humidors and am going out to buy one today. Smoked a nice Nicaraguan cigar yesterday while golfing. I am embarassed to say I forget the name of it off the top of my head, but will post later what it exactly was. I still have the ring at home.

hbktonyb 08-10-2009 09:23 AM

I golf a lot, and smoke at least one cigar during a round. My favorite lately has been Coronado by La Flor. Great taste, kind of like vanilla. And pretty cheap - around $10 for a nice fat one.

Jake 08-10-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbktonyb (Post 9942030)
I golf a lot, and smoke at least one cigar during a round. My favorite lately has been Coronado by La Flor. Great taste, kind of like vanilla. And pretty cheap - around $10 for a nice fat one.

That's actually a nice cigar. I had one of those about a month ago. vanilla flavor, and almost cherries if I recall.

jiggajm18 08-10-2009 10:55 AM

love cigars. love punch and fuentes