Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Just Got Back From The Show! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Hartford N2 Review (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=280360)

RedBlackAntenna 05-30-2010 01:29 PM

Hartford N2 Review

My first show. Some said it would be magical, but I'm going to be brutal here. I was not a big fan of this setlist.
Fishtender to open :multi:multi that was awesome.
I enjoy some of the BWGGK songs, but to be honest, the ones they played tonight aren't my favorite. Seeing Why I Am was good, especially when everyone on the lawn when he referenced Grux started screaming. So Damn Lucky, not a big fan either, though the crescendo at the end was pretty good. I'm not going to lie, I don't like Lying in the Hands of God. Jeff's solo was awesome, but the song just doesn't do it for me either. So Right was great. Got the crowd pumped up, and was just fun to hear. Everyday was alright, but again, I'm not a fan of that song. When I figured out they were playing sweet up and down my face went from :shrug to :D, it was the highlight of the evening. Here's where I'm gonna dig a little deeper. Every time I hear Jimi Thing, the jam sounds exactly the same. It starts off quiet, then after the chorus there's a huge crescendo with a solo, then quieter as someone else takes one, and then they toy with the audience for a a little while, then they pick an outro. Though the sexy motherfucker outro was okay, I prefer the Sly and Family Stone like on Live Trax 6. Crash and Cornbread:thumbsdow, I just don't like Crash, and corn bread no. The Stand Up tease :ugh lolwut? The end of the set was okay, I love DDTW, but was upset to see SMLAM. Two step was two step, and felt a little dragged out by the end. I was upset again to see a two song encore, though Watchtower :bounce:bounce. Anyway, I'll be back for more, but I guess if anything this has just taught me the importance of going to two nights, not one. JTR is my favorite song, so missing that by one night: :lorraine

thechad90000 06-01-2010 04:08 AM

Hartford N2 Review

Damn.. Sucks you didn't like your first show.

Trendall 06-01-2010 05:33 AM

Re: Hartford N2 Review

This review is silly. If you didn't enjoy your first show, don't ever go to a show ever again.

hoggdogg 06-01-2010 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trendall (Post 11213743)
This review is silly. If you didn't enjoy your first show, don't ever go to a show ever again.

This.!

carter41dmb 06-01-2010 05:52 AM

OP, it seems like you only like about half of the bands songs.

canes101190 06-01-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

This, just stay home next time. If you can't enjoy a set like that, you've got some issues.

RJGDMB08 06-01-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

couldnt of said it better!!!

DynastyDrummer1 06-01-2010 04:26 PM

So... you don't like the new album.

and you don't like Two Step?

crashintome202 06-01-2010 09:09 PM

ive never seen someone so objective about their first show. you might only end up seeing them a couple more times... reviews like this come from people who've seen the band multiple times.

dmb_guitar_play 06-01-2010 09:11 PM

You complained about the same crescendos and song structures that have been played for years and years? This review sucks.

davem#36 06-03-2010 11:35 PM

The only thing I can agree with the OP on is jimi thing. That song
progressively gets worse. I'd do anything for the band to play jimi thing like it should be played. 94-96, rocking.

tmrshiznit20 06-04-2010 07:44 PM

after seeing DMB at this venue for the past consecutive 8-10 years, I was pretty impressed with the setlist. I was a big fan of "Sweet, Up and Down" and a few others that he hasn't played too much of... And you can't beat standing 2nd row in the pit! I can't wait to see what he plays at the SPAC N2... I am pumped for that show!

dmb27364041 07-19-2010 11:24 AM

You don't like Crash, Everyday, Lying in the Hands of God, complained about Jimi Thing AND Two Step, and you actually wanted to hear Stand Up? Good thing they didn't play Crush or Tripping Billies, you probably would of left.

Bowa34 04-28-2012 08:27 AM

N2 was my 31st show and it rocked...you cray