Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   STAND UP Album Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Problems with the DualDisc? Post here (MusicTodayC) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=132083)

celebi23 05-11-2005 06:09 AM

Problems with the DualDisc? Post here (MusicTodayC)

Since so many people are having trouble with the DualDisc, I called MusicToday yesterday. I spoke to someone who said that it would be very helpfull to get as many examples of problems as possible. So, please post your computer configuration if you're having problems and I will e-mail him this thread and I will also post this on ami,ufck and nancies.

celebi23 05-11-2005 06:33 AM

Re: Problems with the DualDisc? Post here (MusicTodayC)

If you're also having problems with the regular cd, please also post your computer setup

twostepchris 05-11-2005 07:06 AM

this is a good idea. I'm not ever just talking about ripping it,but jus playing it in general has been giving people problems. i have to go do a test right now, but when i get back i'll post some info for a couple friends of mine who's cd's wont even play on their computers.

Stupid cd's...seriously, who makes a cd that "dosnt conform to cd specifications and therefore not all dvd and cd players will play the audio side of this disc"...

why dont they just say "hey, give us 15 bucks, and we'll give you a 50-50 chance of either buying music or a new pretty drink coaster"...

way to go guys

celebi23 05-11-2005 07:09 AM

Ok, thanks. Could a mod sticky this thread

ThePig 05-11-2005 07:30 AM

I bought the Dualdisc version of Stand Up and my computer won't even recognize the CD side of the album. It's a brand new Dell Dimension DIM4700, Pentium 4 Processor and Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2). I have no idea what MusicToday was thinking but from the fact that my computer won't even recognize this disc and SO many other people are saying the same thing, something needs to be done.

Great thread. Important thread.

tessa 05-11-2005 08:16 AM

My Dualdisc is not working on either Mac I own, which are a G4 Mini and a G5 Imac, both running Tiger. The machines will not recognize the audio side of the CD at all.

mattyande 05-11-2005 08:39 AM

I've got a Dell Inspiron 5150, Pentium 4, running Windows XP Home, Service Pack 2. My computer will not recognize the audio side of the DualDisc.

dmb1spe 05-11-2005 08:42 AM

Runs just fine on mine. Windows XP, Dell Ispiron.

mars_dmb 05-11-2005 08:45 AM

what about problems with my car cd player not playing the disc? :confused
it was playing just fine last night - but this morning when I got in the car, it didn't want to play and just spit the disc out. Before the question gets asked, it was the "cd this side up" side :rolleyes
don't hate me for the following comment - I put in my Mariah Carey cd and it played just fine.... :BANG

ANYONE ELSE have that problem in their car?!?!

ethaxton 05-11-2005 08:46 AM

I think they would be more concerned with the brand of cd-rom in your computer if you are using a pc. For example...mitsumi...philips. This information can be found in your device manager. When I use to work for gateway we would use different cd-roms in the same model depending on pricing of them at the time.

LexusCruiser 05-11-2005 08:55 AM

I am having issues with my dual disc. The CD portion will not play on any of my players. It just skips back and forth through the songs and different tracks. I was able to use Nero to rip an ISO to my hard drive and then burn the ISO to a CDR. The backup works perfect. It is just the dual disc that doesnt work. I am running XP pro, AMD Athelon 1800xp. Nero 6 was able to read it in ISO mode, even though the CD player was having problems reading the dual disc.

Forgot to add, the CD players I am using and having problems with are all Sony. I had problems in my Xbox also. Didnt even try the car.

mattyande 05-11-2005 08:58 AM

Good point... my CD-Rom is a Sony CDRW/DVD CRX830E, and once again, the DualDisc doesn't register on the audio side.

celebi23 05-11-2005 09:28 AM

I will e-mail the guy at MusicToday this thread as well as ones I made on Ami, nancies and the one I will make on ufck when I get home.

chellek23 05-11-2005 10:24 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 with Windows XP, SP 2, Pentium 4.... the CD-Rom is a TEAC CD-W224E

My computer will not recognize the audio side on the dual disc at all.

Orpheus 05-11-2005 10:31 AM

Mine wouldn't play the CD side in my DVD player (bought within the last year) or in my old portable CD player. I'm keeping it for the documentary, but I picked up a cheap copy of the regular album at Target.

geekdork 05-11-2005 10:32 AM

Mention the fact that they advertised 24 bit audio and it's only 16 bit.
That sucks! The little improvement that will be over regular cd quality is like paying them to turn up the volume a little for you... thanks anyway, I have a remote control for that...

mars_dmb 05-11-2005 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
Mine wouldn't play the CD side in my DVD player (bought within the last year) or in my old portable CD player. I'm keeping it for the documentary, but I picked up a cheap copy of the regular album at Target.

I'll have to watch the dvd side tonight, to make sure it works - then do the same thing and buy a regular album... oh well, it's just extra support for the band :)

Orpheus 05-11-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mars_dmb
I'll have to watch the dvd side tonight, to make sure it works - then do the same thing and buy a regular album... oh well, it's just extra support for the band :)

Well, like the album itself, the format was an experiment. Only this one failed. :rolleyes

mars_dmb 05-11-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
Well, like the album itself, the format was an experiment. Only this one failed. :rolleyes

Great way to put it! :thumbsup

luke7 05-11-2005 11:22 AM

mine played in the stereo the first time, now it doesn't.

MonkeyDigsDMB 05-11-2005 11:24 AM

The CD side does not work on my iMac G5. The drive is a MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-825. The DVD side plays fine. I will never buy a DualDisc again. It is a terrible format.

Gary 05-11-2005 11:48 AM

Just to clear things up:

There's no copy protection on the DD cd side.

Any issues with ripping are because your drive does not read the cd side which does not comply with redbook cd standards.

I have three ROM drives on my desktop. The CD side would only read in the cd-rw drive, but not the dvd-rom or dvd-rw.

I hope they only release cd+dvd combos in the future and never use this format or the copy protection on the regular cd again.

jyotishi 05-11-2005 11:52 AM

both sides run fine on mine

Dell Dimension 3000 /INTEL/ XP SP2 / WMP 10 (6 mo old system)

joepsu0985 05-11-2005 12:23 PM

Both sides work on my computer which is a Dell Inspiron 5150...The cd side works in every cd player I own...and I was able to rip it to my creative jukebox

Gary 05-11-2005 12:35 PM

No need to post all computer specs, only the drive model really matters. I doubt they will be able to do much with this though.

meesholoski 05-11-2005 02:16 PM

I have an HP 3000+ AMD Athlon Processor with an 8x and the problem i have is that when i put the cd side in it my computer does not detect it at all saying please put in disc but the DVD side works well

CSNY2K2 05-11-2005 02:35 PM

The reason the computers won't regonize either the dual disc or cd is because their both encoded with Anti-Copy programs, meaning you can not burn them or use them on a PC..THE ONLY WAY TO LISTEN TO THEM is to to download the player they have installed on the Cd or Dual Disc.........Their just Anti-Copy Cd Albums and a good way to keep $ with the record company..Too many people get their music for free!!!
Musictoday won't return them for that reason....

Gary 05-11-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSNY2K2
The reason the computers won't regonize either the dual disc or cd is because their both encoded with Anti-Copy programs, meaning you can not burn them or use them on a PC..THE ONLY WAY TO LISTEN TO THEM is to to download the player they have installed on the Cd or Dual Disc.........Their just Anti-Copy Cd Albums and a good way to keep $ with the record company..Too many people get their music for free!!!
Musictoday won't return them for that reason....

the dualdisc doesn't have any copy protection

it won't read in some drives because it is not a real cd

solidsnake 05-11-2005 04:15 PM

it worked perfectly in my PC and Mac...

i can't believe you guys...

Gary 05-11-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidsnake
it worked perfectly in my PC and Mac...

i can't believe you guys...

http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/rolleyes.gif