Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ***Chula Vista 09/07/12*** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=307461)

420th jimi 02-15-2012 12:40 PM

***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

DMB to play the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater (formally Coors Amphitheater) on Friday 9/07/12 with opener Allen Stone. Tickets go on sale through the Warehouse on 2/16. The public on-sale date is 3/09 at 10am. According to the website it is 10am EST but that will be changed to PDT.

Plan on hanging out with us at the tailgate, it's a great one. Hope to see you there. :thumbsup

Yield151 02-15-2012 12:43 PM

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

I can't wait!!!! See you there :)

UCFish 02-15-2012 12:49 PM

Will be there after work....will be leaving earlier this time....traffic sucks

dschwartz 02-15-2012 12:50 PM

Anyone have a hotel they would recommend for after the show? I know there are a bunch listed in the near the venue but I've never stayed in the area.
Thanks,

420th jimi 02-15-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 13348134)
Will be there after work....will be leaving earlier this time....traffic sucks

You do know the back way into the venue though? If not, let me know. We will get you directions.

Look forward to seeing y'all there! :monkey

UCFish 02-15-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420th jimi (Post 13348154)
You do know the back way into the venue though? If not, let me know. We will get you directions.

Look forward to seeing y'all there! :monkey

hmmm....do not know this and very interested....If 3 hours of traffic to get there is not bad enough....the last 20 minutes getting in really sucks

420th jimi 02-16-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 13348355)
hmmm....do not know this and very interested....If 3 hours of traffic to get there is not bad enough....the last 20 minutes getting in really sucks

I'll see if I can dig up the thread from 2010 and find my write-up on the directions in it. If not, I will lay out some directions in here. It makes the last part breeze by actually.

Copperpot5 02-16-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420th jimi (Post 13348068)
DMB to play the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater (formally Coors Amphitheater) on Friday 9/07/12 with opener Allen Stone. Tickets go on sale through the Warehouse on 2/16. The public on-sale date is 3/09 at 10am. According to the website it is 10am EST but that will be changed to PDT.

Plan on hanging out with us at the tailgate, it's a great one. Hope to see you there. :thumbsup

This will be my first time making the SoCal shows.....hope to cross paths w/ you guys again....

420th jimi 02-16-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperpot5 (Post 13353396)
This will be my first time making the SoCal shows.....hope to cross paths w/ you guys again....

We will for sure.

dj3436 02-16-2012 03:03 PM

Back in the earlier 2000's Chula Vista show was the venue to hit, but over the last few years, maybe since it's close to where Stefan lives, Irvine seems to have taken over as the top SoCal venue. To me, Chula Vista is a much better venue. They have a better parking lot, less cops, tailgate friendly, and you don't have to walk a mile to get to your seats.

UCFish 02-16-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj3436 (Post 13353494)
Back in the earlier 2000's Chula Vista show was the venue to hit, but over the last few years, maybe since it's close to where Stefan lives, Irvine seems to have taken over as the top SoCal venue. To me, Chula Vista is a much better venue. They have a better parking lot, less cops, tailgate friendly, and you don't have to walk a mile to get to your seats.

:thumbsup

Irvine sucks.....very boring venue and sometimes the cops are just dickheads

whodat 02-17-2012 08:27 AM

Big props to Adam for getting the thread started. :thumbsup

I agree with the sentiment about Chula being a better venue then Irvine. Even if the Chula shows over the last few years have not had the same pop as say 5-7 years ago, I still hit this venue as it is easily the best in the SoCal area. The 02 and 06 shows stand out as some the best. My ultimate desire would be 2 nights here and no Irvine. And I live 15 minutes from Irvine.

To the post about traffic getting out, there are tricks to getting around it. Adam mentioned the back way in and out. It is relatively new and is a great option. The other key is where you park at this venue. With parking literally on all 4 sides being in the correct lot is huge. I always park above the venue, in the dirt lot. Another option is the WH preferred parking, but you will deal with tons of people walking to the other lots getting to their cars. Avoid at all costs the dirt lot below the venue. I parked their one year, and it took me over an hour to just get to the main street.

In the end, come early, tailgate, enjoy a great summer night in Chula, and enjoy a little DMB with 20000 of your closest friends.

bmtoups 02-17-2012 07:10 PM

Hello Chula Vista. Sadly I won't be making a trip down for Chula Vista. However, I created a contact list anyway and I have updated information on my website about Chula and the Ants tailgating spot. Please let me know if there's any updates or adds that I can do. www.toupstown.com

IanJHickey 02-17-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodat (Post 13355758)

I agree with the sentiment about Chula being a better venue then Irvine. Even if the Chula shows over the last few years have not had the same pop as say 5-7 years ago, I still hit this venue as it is easily the best in the SoCal area. The 02 and 06 shows stand out as some the best. My ultimate desire would be 2 nights here and no Irvine. And I live 15 minutes from Irvine.

To the post about traffic getting out, there are tricks to getting around it. Adam mentioned the back way in and out. It is relatively new and is a great option. The other key is where you park at this venue. With parking literally on all 4 sides being in the correct lot is huge. I always park above the venue, in the dirt lot. Another option is the WH preferred parking, but you will deal with tons of people walking to the other lots getting to their cars. Avoid at all costs the dirt lot below the venue. I parked their one year, and it took me over an hour to just get to the main street.

In the end, come early, tailgate, enjoy a great summer night in Chula, and enjoy a little DMB with 20000 of your closest friends.

A lot of great info!! I'm doing all the cali shows and it'll be my first time on the west coast. I hope to meet some ants while I'm there and if there's any obvious info I should know, let me know :D

jamesismy 02-17-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodat (Post 13355758)

Wow thank you! So much great info, and some it very surprising even though I've been there so many times over the years! That being said I will be there again this year!

neumdogg 02-18-2012 09:01 AM

I'll be there. Get excited!

420th jimi 02-20-2012 05:01 AM

So the parking lot we have the tailgate in is a great lot to get in and out of easy. I also believe it is the same lot that Ben mentioned. It is the south lot and is easiest. Also, thanks to Brian for providing links to help with our planning. He has offered the Toups Town site for us to use, so be sure and thank him. I will be putting up more info on the tailgate as we inch closer to the date. We will be in the same spot we always are so if you have been there before, you'll know how to find us.

www.toupstown.com for info on the Chula Vista tailgate. We tailgate in the blue area on this map here: http://www.toupstown.com/CA_Chula_Vista.php This is also a great lot to get in and out of the venue with relative ease. Hope to see y'all there, it's gonna be a blast. :monkey

whodat 02-20-2012 09:14 AM

Here is a post made a few years back about parking and the tailgate:
http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...&postcount=914

420th jimi 02-20-2012 11:22 AM

Good afternoon Chula!

420th jimi 02-20-2012 11:28 AM

I'm going to post a way to get to the venue the easy way. This is just a copy and paste because I am not tech savvy.

Easy remedy for this folks. Being a local, I don't let this info out too often. Here is a quick way to get to the show and avoid all the traffic.

Head down the 5 South to the 905 East. Take it until you get to some traffic lights, about 4-5 miles. Turn left at Heritage Rd. (there will be a traffic light at Heritage). Make your first left, it will look like you are going into junk yard row. Hang the first right (only way the street goes) and this street will bring you up from the south side of the amphitheatre. As well, it will put you closest to the tailgate area as well. Just hang the first left into the venue and then another left into the parking lot, and then one more left to take you to the tailgate.

Sounds difficult but it is real easy. No traffic, except the few locals that know about the "back way".

Map to the tailgate is in my signature below.

Happy weekend to everyone. Chula LoVE!

hoggdogg 02-21-2012 01:18 PM

Looks like we'll be taking our talents to Chula Vista this year after the Gorge :thumbsup

Yield151 02-21-2012 01:20 PM

The "back way" is a life saver..... Best way in and out of that place!!!

dMbSuNdEvL9 02-21-2012 04:15 PM

Hope you guys have a great show! Pending any unforeseen hiccups in my Gorge plans, I will not be attending THE SoCal show. I miss you all dearly.

If Gorge does not happen, you best believe that I'll be there at Chula with y'al!!:hump

jamesismy 02-21-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodat (Post 13361788)
Here is a post made a few years back about parking and the tailgate:
http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...&postcount=914

Thank you. And by the way, LOVE your avatar. Now that there's a Five Guys in San Marcos I drove over there and tried it, still nto as good as In-N-Out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420th jimi (Post 13362298)
I'm going to post a way to get to the venue the easy way. This is just a copy and paste because I am not tech savvy.

Easy remedy for this folks. Being a local, I don't let this info out too often. Here is a quick way to get to the show and avoid all the traffic.

Head down the 5 South to the 905 East. Take it until you get to some traffic lights, about 4-5 miles. Turn left at Heritage Rd. (there will be a traffic light at Heritage). Make your first left, it will look like you are going into junk yard row. Hang the first right (only way the street goes) and this street will bring you up from the south side of the amphitheatre. As well, it will put you closest to the tailgate area as well. Just hang the first left into the venue and then another left into the parking lot, and then one more left to take you to the tailgate.

Sounds difficult but it is real easy. No traffic, except the few locals that know about the "back way".

Map to the tailgate is in my signature below.

Happy weekend to everyone. Chula LoVE!

Done and done! Thanks!

420th jimi 02-22-2012 05:21 AM

Happy :hump day Chula!

420th jimi 02-23-2012 05:20 AM

Morning Chula!

420th jimi 02-24-2012 07:40 AM

Chula Chula Chula! Happy Friday y'all!

Yield151 02-24-2012 03:14 PM