Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Boston Red Sox (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106256)

Hench 06-25-2004 08:14 PM

Boston Red Sox

In an effort to be bipartisan in relation to the Yanks thread...

Show your love for the REAL greatest baseball team ever!! We'll just see which thread stays at the top longer :D

FPrefect61 06-25-2004 08:20 PM

Re: Boston Red Sox

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hench
In an effort to be bipartisan in relation to the Yanks thread...

Show your love for the REAL greatest baseball team ever!! We'll just see which thread stays at the top longer :D

:lol I'm gonna guess this stays 5.5 threads back, or however many games back the Sox are from the Yanks. :p

DMBFan920 06-25-2004 08:21 PM

wait, the greatest baseball team ever? I thought you said this was about the Red Sox? surely you meant the White Sox

Hench 06-25-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPrefect61
:lol I'm gonna guess this stays 5.5 threads back, or however many games back the Sox are from the Yanks. :p

And the Yanks thread gets 26 more posts than this one, right? :rolleyes:

FPrefect61 06-25-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

And the Yanks thread gets 26 more posts than this one, right? :rolleyes:

:lol I like that.

There are a lot more Sox fans (both Red and White) than Yankees fans around here. I usually keep my mouth shut unless provoked.

Regardless of the outcome last year, that ALCS was one of the best playoff series I've ever seen, even better than the 2001 WS.

Hench 06-25-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

Regardless of the outcome last year, that ALCS was one of the best playoff series I've ever seen, even better than the 2001 WS.

Yeah man, I still remember that Saturday afternoon watching the one with all the fighting. So much tension, and a lot of it could have been avoided if that dickhead Manny had stayed calm. And yes, I love the Sox, but I fuckin hate Ramirez...I'll be happy the day he leaves Boston for good. Nomar too, funny we've only been in a slump since he came back...

FPrefect61 06-25-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Yeah man, I still remember that Saturday afternoon watching the one with all the fighting. So much tension, and a lot of it could have been avoided if that dickhead Manny had stayed calm. And yes, I love the Sox, but I fuckin hate Ramirez...I'll be happy the day he leaves Boston for good. Nomar too, funny we've only been in a slump since he came back...

Didn't the slump start when Damon shaved the beard?

I thought the whole beard thing was silly, but it was cool how he turned it into charity work when he shaved it, pretty classy on his part.

Manny probably should have stayed calm, but I'll be one of the only Yankees fans to say that Zimmer should have kept his fat AARP ass on the bench and not go after Pedro...

DMBfan41 06-25-2004 08:39 PM

I used to think that the Yankees were just always better than the Sox. But, after last year, I know that the Sox are cursed.

I mean, Aaron Boone hits a home run off the one pitcher that the Yankees can not win. And then he gets hurt and the Yanks sign A-Rod.

The Sox are cursed.

Ha, go Yanks!

pkpro1 06-25-2004 08:40 PM

um.
wait till october fellas... and the curse shall return... AGAIN

Hench 06-25-2004 08:51 PM

Quote:

Didn't the slump start when Damon shaved the beard?

I thought the whole beard thing was silly, but it was cool how he turned it into charity work when he shaved it, pretty classy on his part.

Not sure, but Damon's my favorite, and I thought the beard was pretty clutch. The ironic thing is he probably thought less about it than every other person on the planet who was aware of it.

And the charity thing was nice, I hope he keeps growing it out and doing it over and over again.

Oh, and his wife-to-be is super hot. Funny thing is, my friend Chris (ChrisVsomerandomnumber here on Ants)' boss' friend was married to her, and she left him for Damon. :lol

UJCdream 06-25-2004 09:09 PM

go sox! nice win tonight!

twosteppn36 06-26-2004 12:50 AM

:thumbsup i support this thread

TheMadViolin 06-26-2004 08:12 AM

Manny has gone from punk to hero this year in my opinion. He's talked to the press, offered to give up part of his salary to keep pedro and nomar next year... and *gasp* he is hustling like he wants it! Did anyone see the catch he made last night?

fleckhead 06-26-2004 08:16 AM

on a side note, my parents are up in Boston for the weekend. They're going to see the Philadelphia Sillies play the Sox tonight.

moonska 07-01-2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadViolin
Manny has gone from punk to hero this year in my opinion. He's talked to the press, offered to give up part of his salary to keep pedro and nomar next year... and *gasp* he is hustling like he wants it! Did anyone see the catch he made last night?

Manny aint no hero, the sox dont have anything close to a hero.

saxman1083 07-01-2004 10:23 PM

:lol

As a Mets fan...and a Yankees hater...I can still laugh at the fact that you call the BoSox the greatest ball club ever. Man come on, you guys couldn't even beat the damn Mets in the World Series.

mihighdavehead 07-01-2004 10:31 PM

Just want to give Pedro props for drilling Sheffield :thumbsup

That shit was funny :lol

DMBfan41 07-01-2004 10:32 PM

Red Sox will never be best. They will always be second.

And Manny is a punk. The Red Sox don't want him, nobody else wants him. He's an overpayed overrated ballplayer.

jhlc8898 07-01-2004 10:45 PM

stick a fork in the sox at leat sox fans can enjoy the rest of the summer and look forward to football season
Jamie

DebbieS 07-01-2004 11:05 PM

they're doubly cursed now...Manny's on the cover of SI this week

TheMadViolin 07-02-2004 08:54 AM

Well here's why I like the red sox...

I know they just got swept by the yankees, but look at the teams next to each other. It looks like the Mighty Ducks or the Big Green. On one side you have the clean shaved Yankees, all bred for one task in life... baseball. They are all physically in great shape, some of the best position players at every space on the field. On the other side, you have the Red Sox.... who look like a bunch of guys from your back neighborhood playing ball. You have Caveman Damon, beer belly Millar, the goony Ramirez, Ortiz, a pitcher in Wakefield that looks like he plays slow pitch softball, Schilling the guy that never stops talking. Come on, how can you not love a team that resembles well.... us? Thats why the Red Sox are fun to me. They are the bunch of disfunctional kids that are trying to get it done.

smallwaise 07-02-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadViolin
They are the bunch of disfunctional kids that are trying to get it done.

and failing miserably as of late

smallwaise 07-02-2004 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBfan41

And Manny is a punk. The Red Sox don't want him, nobody else wants him. He's an overpayed overrated ballplayer.

...... he's better then any hitter on the yankees.

cwsrule88 07-02-2004 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBFan920
wait, the greatest baseball team ever? I thought you said this was about the Red Sox? surely you meant the White Sox

damn straight. the white sox are going to the playoffs with garcia

DMBfan41 07-02-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallwaise
...... he's better then any hitter on the yankees.

beg to differ. Pick your death. Sheffield or A-Rod.

gravedigger13 07-02-2004 09:42 AM

If Nomar gets voted into the All-Star game a classy move would be to give up his spot.

FPrefect61 07-02-2004 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravedigger13
If Nomar gets voted into the All-Star game a classy move would be to give up his spot.

After last night, I'll never use the words Nomar and classy in the same sentence again. Unless it's to say something like, "Nomar's not classy." Atrocious his lack of support and passion last night.

gravedigger13 07-02-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

After last night, I'll never use the words Nomar and classy in the same sentence again. Unless it's to say something like, "Nomar's not classy." Atrocious his lack of support and passion last night.

What was the deal with him? I fell asleep before I could catch the fallout from that game on Sportscenter.

FPrefect61 07-02-2004 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravedigger13
What was the deal with him? I fell asleep before I could catch the fallout from that game on Sportscenter.

I don't really know. Someone around here said he's part of a 3 way trade, that's why he didn't show any support.

I think he's just a heartless crybaby. I know he's upset that the Sox turned their back on him to get A-Rod, but get over it already. They put Manny on waivers for Christ's sake. You don't see him bitching about it. He still goes out and plays his short attention span ass off.

UNC41 07-02-2004 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBfan41
beg to differ. Pick your death. Sheffield or A-Rod.

Manny is a better hitter than both of them, plus he's not surrounded with a great lineup that gives those two lots of protection.