Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   DMB in Rock Band (Video game) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=318150)

StormJr 11-02-2012 08:17 AM

DMB in Rock Band (Video game)

Very cool....

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232452

Quote:

DLC Week of 11/6: Dave Matthews Band Makes Their Debut with a Three-Pack!
Dave Matthews Band first came on to the music scene in the ‘90s, with a blend of pop, rock, jazz, and world music that captivated fans. With eight studio albums, and countless awards and nominations under their belt, Dave Matthews Band now comes to Rock Band on November 6th!

The three-pack kicks off with “Mercy,” the first single off of the band’s latest album, Away from the World. A fan favorite and the second single off of 1994’s Under the Table and Dreaming, “Ants Marching” will also be included. Finally, the Grammy Award-winning “So Much to Say,” a single from 1996’s Crash, rounds out the pack. All three tracks will be available as singles or as part of “Dave Matthews Band Pack 01.”

As a bonus, Rock Band Blitz players who play any of these Dave Matthews Band tracks will earn double coins for each play!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (November 6th, 2012):

Dave Matthews Band – “Mercy” O
Dave Matthews Band – “Ants Marching” O X
Dave Matthews Band – “So Much to Say” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system November 7th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price: $5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Dave Matthews Band Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

StormJr 11-02-2012 08:19 AM

Re: DMB in Rock Band (Video game)

And here's a video showing clips of each song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Hat9RWG5yIk

morecornbread!! 11-02-2012 08:21 AM

Very cool! Glad to see DMB in Rock Band! I wish they would put the Two Step from Citi Field in there, that would be banana's:hump

berman1125 11-02-2012 08:55 AM

I have older rock band and haven't played in about 2 years bc I picked up an actual guitar. But would I be able to download this pack off an old rock band game or do I need the latest one

StormJr 11-02-2012 09:10 AM

I'm 99.9% sure you'd need RB3 to play it. All songs are backwards compatible (RB1 an RB2 songs can be 'ripped' from the disc and played in RB3), but not forward compatible (can't play RB3 songs in RB1).

Again...99.9% sure...but there is a chance I could be wrong.

lockman21 11-02-2012 09:15 AM

I thought they stopped making these games?

StormJr 11-02-2012 09:21 AM

Making the actual physical game, yes. They haven't made one since Rock Band 3. But they still produce PDLC (paid downloadable content) weekly.

StormJr 11-02-2012 09:31 AM

I've got a theory that there could be more DMB songs for Rock Band in the future too...

The pack name for purchase is “Dave Matthews Band Pack 01.” Which could imply that there will be more. Usually if there is only one pack for an artist, it would say “Dave Matthews Band Pack”.

dmbmuskie 11-02-2012 09:34 AM

Are they going to have a violin?

StormJr 11-02-2012 09:38 AM

Will be on the tracks, but not playable. Just Vocal, Guitar, Bass, Drums, and Keys (if available).

rickyh24 11-02-2012 10:01 AM

Mercy should be a blast to play.

StormJr 11-02-2012 10:07 AM

And not surprising...lots of DMB hate in the discussion thread:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232454

maxpower00044 11-02-2012 10:34 AM

About two years too late. :lol

maxpower00044 11-02-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 14135023)

:lol:lol

maxpower00044 11-02-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormJr (Post 14135034)
And not surprising...lots of DMB hate in the discussion thread:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232454

"Isn't that the Powergig guy?" :lol Classic

mthawk07 11-02-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

No joke. :lol

parksjr22 11-02-2012 10:48 AM

I've been waiting for this for 5 years. Haha, I thought the same thing about Mercy. Will be "awesome" to play on guitar. But really, I'm not complaining, just glad DMB is finally on Rockband.

Coker 11-02-2012 11:13 AM

I'm hoping Mercy segues into OOMH. Just to make the keyboardist feel extra special and awesome.

BLile 11-02-2012 11:21 AM

I coudn't stop reading through that thread for a couple reasons:

1) I can't believe there are people that take Rock Band that seriously, like calling their guitars a "5 button", or the guy who denotes his cousin as (guitar) and his cousin's wife as (vocal). I guess they believe they are in a real band?

2) How many people can't stand Dave's voice. Maybe it's because I generally surround myself with people of a certain social caliber, but I've never really heard anyone say they found Dave's voice annoying.

3) I don't know how anyone could like a couple of the band's songs and not instantly become hooked like we all did. Like the one guy that said Ants Marching was his favorite song in the 90's, but he doesn't like much else in the band's catalogue. How is that even possible?

bigbeartilidie 11-02-2012 11:44 AM

These songs are not rarities so I'll pass.

ericvol 11-02-2012 12:24 PM

They should have chosen Rooftop or BBN from Away from the World

berman1125 11-02-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbeartilidie (Post 14135271)
These songs are not rarities so I'll pass.

What did you expect? Mercy is the only bad choice

moosicmaniac 11-02-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 14134956)
Are they going to have a violin?

typically they will put the violin or sax music on the keyboard if there's not already a prominent keyboard part

dtv001 11-02-2012 01:17 PM

The most suprising thing about all of this is that people still play rock band.

RainDog1980 11-02-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLile (Post 14135204)

1) I can't believe there are people that take Rock Band that seriously, like calling their guitars a "5 button", or the guy who denotes his cousin as (guitar) and his cousin's wife as (vocal). I guess they believe they are in a real band?

2) How many people can't stand Dave's voice. Maybe it's because I generally surround myself with people of a certain social caliber, but I've never really heard anyone say they found Dave's voice annoying.

3) I don't know how anyone could like a couple of the band's songs and not instantly become hooked like we all did. Like the one guy that said Ants Marching was his favorite song in the 90's, but he doesn't like much else in the band's catalogue. How is that even possible?

Really? That's one of the biggest complaints I've heard against DMB. Personally, I find the early performances grating at times because of the way he used his voice back then. And I've been around for a while.

Nexx 11-02-2012 09:12 PM

I used to be really big on Rock Band, haven't played in a long time, but I'm happy about this and looking forward to playing these songs sometime. But I'm not surprised nobody on the Rock Band forums is happy about this. I remember a similar level of hate when Spoon had some DLC ("what is this indie shit"); all they care about are challenging metal songs and shitty nu-metal bands.

Quadrophenia92 11-02-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berman1125 (Post 14135437)
What did you expect? Mercy is the only bad choice

I believe that was one of them there jokes

m_estock 11-02-2012 10:01 PM

Ah it finally happened. I made a big push for this about a year and a half ago on these boards and got a lot of people to vote for DMB using the rock band Facebook app. We got DMB up to the #15 most requested of all time and it looks like they took notice.

I just wish they had picked live versions to use... If management were smart they would have picked some unreleased live material to lure more fans to the game. I'll try emailing the WH with this suggestion for future releases.

bustedstuff88 11-03-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLile (Post 14135204)

My mom thinks Dave sounds "whacked out on dope" every time he sings.
:lol:lol:lol

Lew Zealand 11-05-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berman1125 (Post 14134852)
I have older rock band and haven't played in about 2 years bc I picked up an actual guitar. But would I be able to download this pack off an old rock band game or do I need the latest one

DLC is generally compatible with all Rock Band games. If you don't have Rock Band 3 you won't be able to play the Pro Drum (using the cymbal attachments) or Keyboard parts. Based on other DLC the keys part will be the sax part. I'm guessing they might include some of the violin parts too, depending on what's happening in the song.

This is just about the best Rock Band-related news ever, btw.

patthebear 11-05-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

:lol :lol

Besides it being the first single, not sure why they picked this over Gaucho or some other song.

jaymas9 11-05-2012 04:25 PM

Rock band drummers should be happy with some Carter, there's no way that won't be fun.

watchtower08 11-06-2012 05:00 AM

dmb sellin out

Jtr132 11-06-2012 07:16 AM

Mercy is fun

demoicurn 11-06-2012 02:23 PM

Sell out? Yeah. Who cares? I'm just happy I can jam to some Dave. Hoping for a DMB Pack 2 for some live tracks.

If anything, lets not forget DMBSteam and Sirius xm. DMBStream was awesome and a travesty "the man" shut them down. And Sirius blows.

Wouldn't be surprised if I see DMB playing at halftime of the Superbowl in the near future and/or guest appearance with PP on American Idol next season.

Cash in Dave. While you can. Let your grandkids live the high life. Might as well, I would if I could

moosicmaniac 11-06-2012 03:31 PM

why did they not put this version of Mercy on the album?!

Lew Zealand 11-06-2012 03:33 PM

Pro Drum charting is legit. Hell of a lot of fun.

Jimi47 11-06-2012 03:49 PM

Got up early to DL the DMB pack before I waited in line for the polls to open and it wasn't there. Now I get home from work and it refuses to go into the Rock Band Store saying to check the internet connection. The connection is good for everything else on the Wii just not the Rock Band Store. Must be all the Ant hitting their servers.

Jtr132 11-06-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosicmaniac (Post 14143441)

I thought it was different too.

Jimi47 11-06-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi47 (Post 14143467)
Got up early to DL the DMB pack before I waited in line for the polls to open and it wasn't there. Now I get home from work and it refuses to go into the Rock Band Store saying to check the internet connection. The connection is good for everything else on the Wii just not the Rock Band Store. Must be all the Ant hitting their servers.

Apparently the Wii Shopping Channel is down for maintenance. I guess all purchase points go through there:rattle:twak

TheStone91 11-06-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Does it have a piano part for the outro, or does it end around 3 minutes like the radio edit?

Jibiti 11-06-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 14143894)
Does it have a piano part for the outro, or does it end around 3 minutes like the radio edit?

It's actually longer than the album version, lasting 5:07.

moosicmaniac 11-06-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 14143894)

it has a TON of cool things going on in the outro that you can't hear on the release. some because it's longer, some because they were buried in the mix.

TheStone91 11-06-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosicmaniac (Post 14144460)
it has a TON of cool things going on in the outro that you can't hear on the release. some because it's longer, some because they were buried in the mix.

That's awesome! Can't wait to play it and the other songs over Thanksgiving break, it's been a while since I've played Rock Band. I used to play it pretty often in high school. Always wished DMB would show up on the game...:thumbsup

TheStone91 11-06-2012 11:51 PM

Here's a guy playing Ants, SMTS, and Mercy on Rock Band, for those interested: (and yea, this version of Mercy is the best one yet haha)

Ants: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtkD_...1&feature=plcp

SMTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gROtl...feature=relmfu

Mercy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCqSF...feature=relmfu

GSUdawg521 11-07-2012 01:12 AM

I don't own RB3 but I am currently in possession of 2 guitars, drums, and a mic (borrowed from a friend who likely doesn't need them back anytime soon). Might have to buy the game used to get these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 14145205)
Here's a guy playing Ants, SMTS, and Mercy on Rock Band, for those interested: (and yea, this version of Mercy is the best one yet haha)

Thanks to the comment on this video, and the game itself, I too embarrassingly admit that I don't think I ever really noticed that little guitar bit towards the end :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...lfgO0ow#t=226s

Jtr132 11-07-2012 08:09 AM

Can anyone take an audio rip of that mercy?

lockman21 11-07-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demoicurn (Post 14143287)
I'm just happy I can jam to some Dave.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

m_estock 11-07-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

I love the mix the RB people came up with for Mercy... They basically get to do what they want with the mix to bring the guitar parts that you're playing up. The artists give them the masters so they can isolate each track, etc.

Acester25 11-08-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

My thoughts exactly! I've actually been waiting for DMB to come to Rock Band for a while...
I dusted off my copy and downloaded the 3-song pack...naturally I had expected to enjoy Ants and So Much to Say... and I did... but I didn't expect to enjoy Mercy as much as I did...
I was pleasantly surprised by Mercy...

I don't know if it's just the volume of the different instruments in the mix but it sounds like they added some things to this mix and it sounds so much more beautiful than on the album!

I'm being serious. I highly recommend you buy the 3-pack and give Mercy a shot. :cool:thumbsup

Quadrophenia92 11-08-2012 07:53 PM

So you play saxophone on the piano and Boyd's Ants solo on the guitar...interesting...

m_estock 11-08-2012 09:44 PM

I emailed the warehouse about releasing live material for rock band in the future.... although I understand the marketing side to releasing studio versions instead. I think live stuff would be a lot more fun to play and also a bit more challenging... Especially for the drums.

I could see them picking songs from Central Park or Piedmont Park because of the piano parts.. Two Step from Piedmont would be great on piano.

Jan-Willem 11-09-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acester25 (Post 14147558)
My thoughts exactly! I've actually been waiting for DMB to come to Rock Band for a while...
I dusted off my copy and downloaded the 3-song pack...naturally I had expected to enjoy Ants and So Much to Say... and I did... but I didn't expect to enjoy Mercy as much as I did...
I was pleasantly surprised by Mercy...

I don't know if it's just the volume of the different instruments in the mix but it sounds like they added some things to this mix and it sounds so much more beautiful than on the album!

I'm being serious. I highly recommend you buy the 3-pack and give Mercy a shot. :cool:thumbsup

I'm hearing things I don't hear on the album. And I like them!

Jimi47 11-09-2012 05:49 PM

I hope they release Rapunzel next!

Jibiti 12-11-2019 08:35 AM

For those who still play, they’re adding Crush as DLC tomorrow.

Lew Zealand 12-13-2019 09:30 PM

Boo, it's the radio edit. BOOOOOOO

Red Water 12-19-2019 12:14 AM

I like this band and this game, but I have trouble picturing a song like "Ants Marching" in a game called "Rock Band". I'm not sure they're a band with a hard enough edge to qualify. It's like "are you ready to ROCK?!" *puts on Hootie & The Blowfish* But I totally get how fun it would be to play the songs on the game; just a minor nitpicky labelling issue on my part. And I know they have some harder edged songs, so at least use those.

Jibiti 12-06-2022 07:11 AM

‘Crash Into Me’ coming this week.

Roose13 12-06-2022 12:22 PM

These games are still alive?

Jibiti 12-06-2022 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 18309662)
These games are still alive?

It’s amazing that a game that came out 7 years ago is still receiving new content regularly.

crounsa810 12-06-2022 09:00 PM

Ok but the better question is where the hell did that Mercy come from and why was that not what was on the album? I get what Dave said about the record company making him put out a cut of the album he didn’t like

monizzle145 12-07-2022 06:17 AM

Rocksmith was a criminally underrated video game that actually let you plug in a real guitar and learn real songs and is far superior to rock band. Its a shame they entered this market right as the music playing video game era ended.

Alexis17 12-07-2022 08:04 AM

That also had to be your goal. Yeah I'd love to learn guitar. But going in playing a few songs and being decent at the game is a different venture than sitting down from the beginning and taking however many hours to learn a real guitar.

Maybe if you like blocks instead of circles and charting decisions you could switch back and forth with Rock Band and Guitar Hero, it's just preference. But those games vs. Rocksmith isn't an actual comparison even if they are structured the same way.

^MaLaKaS^ 12-09-2022 05:19 PM

I know the original DMB songs were for Rock Band 3, but is the new 2022 DLC for Rock Band 4 now? I haven't played these games in over a decade, so I'm out of the loop on things, unfortunately.

Dannyyankou 12-09-2022 05:35 PM

Someone isolated the drums of Ants and uploaded it to YouTube. Pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/ZJQ6WlaFqe4

Jibiti 12-09-2022 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ^MaLaKaS^ (Post 18311750)
I know the original DMB songs were for Rock Band 3, but is the new 2022 DLC for Rock Band 4 now? I haven't played these games in over a decade, so I'm out of the loop on things, unfortunately.

Yes, Crush and Crash are only for RB4.

BigEyedIdiot 12-10-2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810 (Post 18310034)
Ok but the better question is where the hell did that Mercy come from and why was that not what was on the album? I get what Dave said about the record company making him put out a cut of the album he didn’t like

Exactly my thoughts!!

^MaLaKaS^ 12-10-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibiti (Post 18311765)
Yes, Crush and Crash are only for RB4.

:thumbsup Thank you so much for the confirmation. I really appreciate it.

jaymas9 12-13-2022 10:56 AM

Wow, sweet Mercy mix. Never knew it was different in Rock Band. Some added instrumentation, and better layering all around.

If that is indeed the same origin as the lyric difference winter soldier which was Lillywhite's OG, I'd love to hear all of AFTW that were his mixes.