Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ants Podcast 83: We're Taking the Year Off* Episode Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=344199)

Matt 01-23-2017 02:49 PM

Ants Podcast 83: We're Taking the Year Off* Episode Discussion

We are back! And we are quickly back to where we left off; making fun of each other.**But thanks to some recent exciting news, we can now temporarily end the hold out. What hold out? Take a listen. We talk about the upcoming ‘year off’ tour dates, and our expectations for large outdoor venues vs the traditionally indoor quiet show.**We dive into what songs may appear in the setlists, and we take a few quick listener questions.

ToySoldier#34 01-23-2017 06:36 PM

Re: Ants Podcast 83: We're Taking the Year Off* Episode Discussion

Well this podcast is depressing, thanks for doing it though

miro_eight 01-24-2017 10:02 AM

It's clear to me you need a break more than the band does. Not to mention (OK, I'll mention it) that what you said about Portugal and the fans there may be incredibly offensive to some. The only enjoyable part to me was where you almost cried you didn't get Dodo at Gorge N3, and that somehow it made sense for the band to play this song. Yeah, right.

IndyDMB 01-24-2017 10:38 AM

:popcorn

BTBaboon 01-24-2017 11:08 AM

Joined 10 years ago, making only their 9th post?

Guess I have to listen to see what made them so upset

#41Tom 01-24-2017 11:24 AM

I'm not sure why someone would continue to obsess over a band when they've clearly lost love for them. "There just seems to be perpetual disappointment now" kind of gives it away! There's so much bitterness haha. It's like the flipside of the Fam.......!

Yeah I was also surprised about the Portugal comments, do they actually know anything about Portugal? :lol

ckramer09 01-24-2017 11:30 AM

It really was sad to listen to. I know this place can be known for some negativity but wow.

I understand being a bit disappointed but they are all getting older and we should be happy they are still playing and touring honestly.

And to be fair, they said the band was taking the year off. Never said Dave was taking the year off, I think we all could've guessed a D&T tour was coming.

illinifan 01-24-2017 11:37 AM

The announcement said "Dave Matthews Band will take 2017 off." This is apples to oranges. AND I'll add New Orleans is in the south. They did a two nighter there several years ago.

ToySoldier#34 01-24-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 16693810)
The announcement said "Dave Matthews Band will take 2017 off." This is apples to oranges. AND I'll add New Orleans is in the south. They did a two nighter there several years ago.

The whole year off joke actually is funny the first four or five times but gets old. The rest of it is just why bother with DMB / D&T, who cares about the tour, crowds and venues are lame, no idea what the new song names are or that a bunch of us have talked about Here On Out being tweeted by Rashawn when in progress, etc. I mean I get not being "The Fam!!" but yikes.

dmb41er 01-24-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #41Tom (Post 16693789)
I'm not sure why someone would continue to obsess over a band when they've clearly lost love for them...There's so much bitterness...It's like the flipside of the Fam

Agreed, and I don't care to be around either extreme.
It's not whether you lean right or left, it's how close or far off center you are.

I am just thankful to have met so many reasonable fans over the years. It is amazing how different your experience becomes when you don't surround yourself with fans who go into a show demanding a specific song be played.

hensleytyler44 01-24-2017 12:13 PM

Here's the deal listeners, you need to CHILL OUT hahaha. This is just how Matt, Jake, and Joe feel about the present state of the band. I laughed a ton during this podcast because listening to it I feel like I know these guys (hopefully we will meet someday) and I can relate to their feelings about "what album," "the year off," and everything else they talked about. If you don't like their opinions then DON'T LISTEN :lol

illinifan 01-24-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hensleytyler44 (Post 16693854)
Here's the deal listeners, you need to CHILL OUT hahaha. This is just how Matt, Jake, and Joe feel about the present state of the band. I laughed a ton during this podcast because listening to it I feel like I know these guys (hopefully we will meet someday) and I can relate to their feelings about "what album," "the year off," and everything else they talked about. If you don't like their opinions then DON'T LISTEN :lol

How can we KNOW their opinions without LISTENING. :ugh

ToySoldier#34 01-24-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Usually the podcasts have a completely different feel and are always well done, always enjoy listening one way or another

TimHonks 01-24-2017 12:22 PM

Yikes, had to turn that off pretty much right away.

How many times are you going to mention them not playing 1 song that you wanted to hear?!

dmb41er 01-24-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Here's the deal listeners, you need to CHILL OUT hahaha. This is just how Matt, Jake, and Joe feel about the present state of the band. If you don't like their opinions then DON'T LISTEN :lol

You are defending the right for fans to voice their opinions
while telling other fans to chill out for voicing their opinions.

:ugh

#41Tom 01-24-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

It's a discussion forum.........!

drop2d 01-24-2017 12:41 PM

What was said about Portugal?

UrsadonDMB 01-24-2017 12:45 PM

Can't wait for my commute to listen to this

TheLastPig 01-24-2017 12:53 PM

sheesh yeah the year off jokes are awful. D&T arent the band.

BTBaboon 01-24-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimHonks (Post 16693863)
How many times are you going to mention them not playing 1 song that you wanted to hear?!

The beatings will continue until morale improves

YouNeverKnow25 01-24-2017 12:57 PM

so...what was said about portugal

TheLastPig 01-24-2017 01:03 PM

only thing I heard about portugal was basically them saying there arent that many dmb specific fans there and they are just excited about any music coming there because noone does. Jake said the would go crazy for Cher if she was there.

BruceW 01-24-2017 01:05 PM

To add to the talk of the new songs being played D&T, Bismarck and DOTHS were played at CMAC and VITR was cut from the original set list.

UrsadonDMB 01-24-2017 01:12 PM

Hoping for Here On Out Dave and Tim this week.

Hilly 01-24-2017 01:14 PM

Haven't listened - is this a "I'm pretty bored with the band and their concerts right now, so everyone in the band has to not do anything until I'm ready to be excited again" kinda thing?

bigbeartilidie 01-24-2017 01:26 PM

Thanks Jake, Matt, and Joe for putting this out. Even if I don't always agree with every opinion, I certainly appreciate the time and effort you put into making these podcasts and the information that you share. I definitely laughed a fair amount. Was good hearing all of your voices again.

#41Tom 01-24-2017 01:30 PM

Portugal comments were saying that nothing happens in Portugal, so they turn up at DMB and cheer. Basically!

Hilly give it a listen, it's somewhat like what you're saying

collinsat12 01-24-2017 01:31 PM

I don't see what the big deal is. Since 2002, when I saw my first show, my opinion of the band has waxed and waned. Give the guys a break. They're doing us a service in providing us a pod and a website to discuss the band. Positive or negative.

Jake 01-24-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #41Tom (Post 16693947)
Portugal comments were saying that nothing happens in Portugal, so they turn up at DMB and cheer. Basically!

Hilly give it a listen, it's somewhat like what you're saying

Maybe it got lost in translation, but it was a joke. Obviously things happen in Portugal, we were just kidding

UrsadonDMB 01-24-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 16693970)
Maybe it got lost in translation, but it was a joke. Obviously things happen in Portugal, we were just kidding

Obviously :lol :thumbsup