Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Real World 27: St. Thomas (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=313777)

justink 06-27-2012 08:45 PM

The Real World 27: St. Thomas

the cast seems mediocre for some reason...

Brandon is already proving to be the house nut job/cry baby.

recentlyJTR41 06-27-2012 08:49 PM

Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

:lol :lol :lol

A+

DLCSBMMK 06-27-2012 09:11 PM

Real World still exists?

GSUdawg521 06-27-2012 09:19 PM

Watched this tonight only because we were just in St. Thomas 3 weeks ago on a cruise :lol

But yeah, don't care for the Real World otherwise, and Brandon was definitely annoying.

Rodey 06-28-2012 07:36 AM

Shit, I wish I would have known the new season was starting.

LadyMadonna68 06-28-2012 07:38 AM

watched it last night
didnt like brandon.
swift was pretty cool.
the girls are annoying.
the redhead guy is cool, and so is the other white guy.

pathetic 06-28-2012 07:57 AM

brandon :lol

"i'm not as strong as the other guys" :lorraine

"this girl told me she was adopted and talked to me, i love her. why is she with the all american guy?" :lorraine

"i'm so lonely" :lorraine

justink 06-28-2012 08:53 AM

my money is on the ginger as being the token gay.

justink 06-28-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 13814122)
brandon :lol

"i'm not as strong as the other guys" :lorraine

"this girl told me she was adopted and talked to me, i love her. why is she with the all american guy?" :lorraine

"i'm so lonely" :lorraine

the journal "left" out in the open on the table for everyone to read. :lol

had me rolling.

they really tried hard to have a bunch of drama in the first episode, but it all just came off pathetic.

so far, i'm not really seeing anything interesting in any of the cast, except for matching hakuna mattata tattoos.

Proudest Bonzai 06-28-2012 09:43 AM

Eh, the first ep is always the same. They're always astonished by their house, they pick their rooms, meet each other and start drinking. They always get along really well until there is a seemingly contrived tussle towards the end of the episode. I think this season will be fine. The only thing is I wonder how much bar-hopping / clubbing they'll do being on an island.

Brandon did come off as a whiny bitch, but it would suck to be him as the other three guys did pretty much pair off with each one of the chicks right away. Maybe you shouldn't be a flabby emo with enormous spacers in your ears. Just a thought.

LadyMadonna68 06-28-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proudest Bonzai (Post 13814961)
Eh, the first ep is always the same. They're always astonished by their house, they pick their rooms, meet each other and start drinking. They always get along really well until there is a seemingly contrived tussle towards the end of the episode. I think this season will be fine. The only thing is I wonder how much bar-hopping / clubbing they'll do being on an island.

Brandon did come off as a whiny bitch, but it would suck to be him as the other three guys did pretty much pair off with each one of the chicks right away. Maybe you shouldn't be a flabby emo with enormous spacers in your ears. Just a thought.

yeah, all of this.

justink 06-28-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 (Post 13814990)
yeah, all of this.

truth.

the naked dive into the hot tub and glass bottle throwing into the pool "i'm a rock star, raawwwwr!" was just comical.

the rest of the house was in a fucking tree for christ sake, and that was somehow less retarded than what he did.

Rodey 06-28-2012 10:04 AM

I would love to be on this show just for the amount of free booze you get.

justink 06-28-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodey (Post 13815107)
I would love to be on this show just for the amount of free poon you get.

fixed.....

Lcsulla 06-28-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

The only thing is I wonder how much bar-hopping / clubbing they'll do being on an island.

Not that I would ever watch a show like this but there is not much to do there in all honesty. Even in a major place like Charlotte Amalie there just is not many bars and clubs are virtually non-existent. It's a great Island for beaches, shopping, and catching a water taxi to St. Johns or St. Croix. If there is a dozen bars and a club in the capitol it is a lot. I have been there over ten times and recall exactly one fun bar - Duffy's.

justink 06-28-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 13815341)
Not that I would ever watch a show like this but there is not much to do there in all honesty. Even in a major place like Charlotte Amalie there just is not many bars and clubs are virtually non-existent. It's a great Island for beaches, shopping, and catching a water taxi to St. Johns or St. Croix. If there is a dozen bars and a club in the capitol it is a lot. I have been there over ten times and recall exactly one fun bar - Duffy's.

yeah, and they have to take a boat from their front door to the main island...

my buddy said he saw them out and about down there but they were kinda lame.

DMBstandUP1984 06-28-2012 02:42 PM

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/aro...-from-southie/

another DB from boston on this show.....Every single kid they picked for real world or road rules from Boston is and has been a complete and total douche-bag. CT may be the fucking worse. Its like they make a point to make Boston look bad

justink 06-28-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 13816725)

another DB from boston on this show.....Every single kid they picked for real world or road rules from Boston is and has been a complete and total douche-bag. CT may be the fucking worse. Its like they make a point to make Boston look bad

well, when you've got so few good guys from Boston... ;)

funny thing is... nobody outside of Boston knows what/where Southie is. so, it's not at all impressive.

Proudest Bonzai 06-28-2012 07:04 PM

CT might be the best person to ever be on television.

DMBstandUP1984 06-28-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justink (Post 13816787)
well, when you've got so few good guys from Boston... ;)

funny thing is... nobody outside of Boston knows what/where Southie is. so, it's not at all impressive.

its not..its certainly not "tough" huge artsy, gay community. very expensive and more upper middle class. it has a few "bad" streets but not compared to certain parts of Boston.

DMBstandUP1984 06-28-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proudest Bonzai (Post 13817744)
CT might be the best person to ever be on television.

i dated his cousin for a couple years back when i was about 14, i went on a rant one day about how much of a douche he is (years after we broke up) before I knew they were related. I don't think we've talked since.

Rodey 06-28-2012 09:08 PM

Watching now.

How long did it take them to find two people with Hakuna Matata tattoos or how much did they pay them to get them? :lol

Proudest Bonzai 06-29-2012 05:52 AM

Based on the previews from next week, it seems like things get even worse for Hot Topic.

pathetic 06-29-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 13816725)

can't open barstool at work. what's it say about him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proudest Bonzai (Post 13818613)
Based on the previews from next week, it seems like things get even worse for Hot Topic.

:lol

Rodey 06-29-2012 10:20 AM

Hot Topic jumping into the pool and then proceeding to throw around bottles of booze to "party like a rock star" might have been the most humorous moment in show history.

UNC41 06-29-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 13817772)
i dated his cousin for a couple years back when i was about 14, i went on a rant one day about how much of a douche he is (years after we broke up) before I knew they were related. I don't think we've talked since.

Good decision by her. CT is the man.

jackisback24 06-29-2012 06:46 PM

watching it right now and haven't backread anything. The redhead really had my eye...until the toilet confession. And this guy with the tattoos...what a douche. I think he's got issues as he's trying way to hard to be noticed...and now they just cut to an ad as he apparently is going after him.

gjdt2scf13 06-29-2012 10:29 PM

Something I always wondered about this...and maybe it is stupid, but I'll bring it up since someone mentioned "Free booze" in this thread.

Does MTV pay for everything? Like their food, drinks, etc? Or do they bring money from home? Or both? I wonder if they get like a limit of cash for the whole trip or if its like a weekly allowance or something haha

I've been watching the last few seasons (some people said they sucked? I enjoyed) this one seemed a bit weird though. I liked the beginning when they had some people meet at each other's houses though. I don't recall them doing that the past few years

GoLdpHiShDMB 06-30-2012 12:05 AM

haha i watched the 1st episode.. it made me laugh. i think im gunna check it out next week too:thumbsup

jackisback24 06-30-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdt2scf13 (Post 13822228)
Something I always wondered about this...and maybe it is stupid, but I'll bring it up since someone mentioned "Free booze" in this thread.

Does MTV pay for everything? Like their food, drinks, etc? Or do they bring money from home? Or both? I wonder if they get like a limit of cash for the whole trip or if its like a weekly allowance or something haha

I've been watching the last few seasons (some people said they sucked? I enjoyed) this one seemed a bit weird though. I liked the beginning when they had some people meet at each other's houses though. I don't recall them doing that the past few years

I think in the beginning they paid for everything but in recent years they made them get jobs and couldn't watch TV and use cell phones. I think Jersey Shore copied that formula.